New MOTOTRBO COMPATIBLE Clean Cab !

Moderator: Queue Moderator

ki4gyw

New MOTOTRBO COMPATIBLE Clean Cab !

Post by ki4gyw »

Funkwerk & Railcom - Have information on the new Clean Cab radio, as well as a early concept on display! Its the Spectrum XD! Be sure to drop by the booth at the channel partner show! I'll get some better pics up soon.
Last edited by ki4gyw on Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
escomm
Queue Moderator

Re: New MOTOTRBO COMPATIBLE Clean Cab !

Post by escomm »

Cool

But didn't AAR go with NXDN? Let's get a drink tonight!
Josh
What radios do you own?: APX4K, XTL5K, NX5200, NX700HK

Post by Josh »

escomm wrote:Cool

But didn't AAR go with NXDN? Let's get a drink tonight!
*sigh* too little too late, not to mention TRBO isn't well suited for railroad simplex....

NXDN has been well invested in by the railroads, I don't see this radio being a hot item.
ki4gyw

Post by ki4gyw »

escomm landing tomorrow night! The boss and the sales guy are there now the meetings just wasn't for me, I thought IWCE would be better to go to, wear them out on those craps tables!!
AAR did go with NXDN however they are now changing over to analog FM-N not NXDN, NXDN in the huge city's actually a very few.
The apps that can be done with the TRBO bring a whole new level to the features for the railroad also along the lines of working with some aspects of PTC, Signaling etc.
KitN1MCC
What radios do you own?: ht1550 XLS,6 MT-1000,

Post by KitN1MCC »

MNCR did some testing with trbo have not heard if they like it or not
ki4gyw

Post by ki4gyw »

We have some RR customers using TRBO they love it, I have them running TRBONET and even built and integrated a hazard mitigation system using NWS Warnings & WSR-88D Radar Products along with GPS reports, mile post and GIS'd the Tracks into a open-source GIS server, It warns dispatchers if trains and or what part of the tracks are in the thunderstorm and tornado warning area's and high wind area's, flood stages for streams that tracks cross for certain rivers. Its a really advanced I have spent a ton of time working on it and still adding features to it when I have spare time....

Return to “MotoTRBO Portables and Mobiles (4xxx/6xxx) 1.0 Series Subscribers”