repeater with telephone interconnect

Moderator: Queue Moderator

johnny1225

repeater with telephone interconnect

Post by johnny1225 »

I have a busy mall that presently has a GR1225 Repeater UHF that is connect to a CS-9800 telephone phone patch. I am about to go digital with them. They are buying a XPR8400 repeater c/w new XPR6100 Digital Radios. My question is will the CS-9800 telephone phone patch work with the new digital system or do i have to upgrade the interconnect box with something else. and if so what is a good brand to buy that is not hard on the pocket book....

regards,

John
com501
What radios do you own?: Over 50 - All Motorola

Re: repeater with telephone interconnect

Post by com501 »

Use what is recommended in the price book, I think its the World Patch?
com501
What radios do you own?: Over 50 - All Motorola

Post by com501 »

Your autopatch needs to be capable of DID to make use of the talk group or private patch functions. Heck, it has to have DID for it to even make the Trbo interconnect functions work....
wavetar
Administrator

Post by wavetar »

com501 wrote:Your autopatch needs to be capable of DID to make use of the talk group or private patch functions. Heck, it has to have DID for it to even make the Trbo interconnect functions work....
I may be having a brain fart...what is 'DID'?

Johnny, you need to order the approx $600 "Digital Telephone Interface Upgrade", HKVN4049 for the repeater. With that option enabled, you can hook up just about any legacy analog phone patch to the repeater and have it work for both Group & Individual calls. We've configured it for a customer & it works great. You should be able to use your CS-9800.

A bigger problem may be the 6100's capabilies...they are very basic and I don't even know if they are capable of phone operation in their codeplug.
No trees were harmed in the posting of this message...however an extraordinarily large number of electrons were horribly inconvenienced.

Welcome to the /\/\achine.
Wowbagger
Aeroflex

Post by Wowbagger »

wavetar wrote: I may be having a brain fart...what is 'DID'?
Direct Inward Dial - the ability to assign an extension within a PBX to a PSTN telephone number, such that dialing that PSTN number will cause that extension to ring without any additional work - no "if you know the extension for your party, dial it now."

(DID is a bane of my existence: somehow a bunch of telemarketers got my work DID number. I finally had to have my extension changed and the old extension mapped to null. I don't take enough external calls to justify a DID number: let the caller dial my extension after they get through to the main number.)
This is my opinion, not Aeroflex's.

I WILL NOT give you proprietary information. I make too much money to jeopardize my job.

I AM NOT the Service department: You want official info, manuals, service info, parts, calibration, etc., contact Aeroflex directly, please.
johnny1225

Post by johnny1225 »

sorry most of the radios are gong to be XPR6100 but security that uses that phone patch will have about 10 XR6550 Radios so there shouldnt be a problem there
johnny1225

Post by johnny1225 »

so when i purchase the HKVN4049 digital telephone interface that goes into the repeater what else is needed? Is there any other adjustment i need to do. Can the CS-9800 then plug into the back of the repeater of do i need to set up a control station?
KitN1MCC
What radios do you own?: ht1550 XLS,6 MT-1000,

Post by KitN1MCC »

do they actually make and get calls thru the phone patch
johnny1225

Post by johnny1225 »

yes they currently can make and receive calls through the analog system now. They have not gone digital yet
wavetar
Administrator

Post by wavetar »

johnny1225 wrote:sorry most of the radios are gong to be XPR6100 but security that uses that phone patch will have about 10 XR6550 Radios so there shouldnt be a problem there
Ok, cool.
johnny1225 wrote:so when i purchase the HKVN4049 digital telephone interface that goes into the repeater what else is needed? Is there any other adjustment i need to do. Can the CS-9800 then plug into the back of the repeater of do i need to set up a control station?
After enabling the option, you get new fields in the repeater codeplug to do with phone mode. The CS-9800 will wire into the accessory connector in the repeater, no base station needed. Any adjustments for audio will need to be made in the CS-9800, not in the repeater.

I can send you a repeater codeplug with the option so you can see what's different, and view the accessory pin settings. I have a number of wiring diagrams for various phone patches into the XPR repeater that I can also send you to give you an idea of how to wire the CS-9800.

Have you activated an option via the Entitlement ID process before?
No trees were harmed in the posting of this message...however an extraordinarily large number of electrons were horribly inconvenienced.

Welcome to the /\/\achine.
johnny1225

Post by johnny1225 »

yes i have done capacity plus and also dynamic mix mode, but im sure this phone option is the same. Can you send me the codeplug and wiring diagrams that you have i would really appreciate it. My email is travers.john38@gmail.com Thanks wavetar
w0en
New User

Post by w0en »

There is a 17 minute training video on Youtube about the repeater side of the CPS and an 8 minute one by the same fellow for subscriber software. Try going to Youtube and search "mototrbo repeater phone patch" his "name" is cwh050 and he has several traing videos where he goes through the various Mototrbo CPS software. I thought I read he was a German fellow hooked in with Moto somehow. I will try to post a link if the board will let me:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTssVWnLZCM for the Repeater and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhud6ndk ... ure=relmfu for the subscriber CPS.
W1HVN
What radios do you own?: MX300 w/DVP

Post by W1HVN »

What are the options for a standard old fashioned twisted pair? Everything I've read seems to work with PBX type systems. I've looked at trbonet, smartptt, and of course our preference the ZTR Worldpatch 300. Silly question, but the patch is done under DMR not Analog, and when you configure the repeater pins for "COR" it senses what under DMR to go active? This I assume is possible under DMR due to firmware activating hot keypad dtmf tones under digital?

Application will be an amateur radio setup, however having incoming calls under private on the repeater to one user, the repeater owner is preferred.

Suggestions, comments, etc... I'm early in the process of learning about TRBO and it's possibilities.

Return to “MotoTRBO Portables and Mobiles (4xxx/6xxx) 1.0 Series Subscribers”