Astro Spectra Plus

This forum is dedicated to discussions pertaining specifically to the Motorola ASTRO line of radios (those that use VSELP/IMBE/AMBE), including using digital modulation, digital programming, FlashPort upgrades, etc. If you have general questions please use the General or Programming forums.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

radios4bill
What radios do you own?: XTL5000, APX7000, Astro Saber

Astro Spectra Plus

Post by radios4bill »

HI Group; I purchased a Astro Spectra Plus and the radio would only power up when both power and ignition sense were powered and the ON/OFF switch would not work. I found some docs on jumpers it the head so I found my jumpers were JU2 was in and JU1 was in, I switchd them and the ON/OFF started to work and I did not have the ignition sense powered "GREAT" I relocated the radio and power supply and now it back to having both powered and the ON?OFF don't work? What am I doing wrong? Thanks, Bill
motorola_otaku

Re: Astro Spectra Plus

Post by motorola_otaku »

Dashmount or remote?

I had a regular Astro Spectra 110W VHF once that behaved like you're describing. It's definitely a jumper in the head, but I could never figure out which one. Swapping the head with a normal one will solve the problem, however.

Return to “Legacy Batboard Motorola ASTRO (VSELP/IMBE/AMBE) Equipment Forum”