ht-1250 original codeplug

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

ggfred
New User

ht-1250 original codeplug

Post by ggfred »

Where can I find a codeplug for an older ht-1250, model 2AN with version R02.00.01 128 channel VHF. I wrote the codeplug I have used on several other radios to this one and now it won't receive, transmits fine. Now the led on top flashes red but no received signal. Very low audio when I push the monitor button.
I have looked on codeplugsupersite but they don't have anything that old. Is there an original codeplug available someplace that I can put back into this old radio?

Thanks for your help,
Fred
escomm
Queue Moderator

Re: ht-1250 original codeplug

Post by escomm »

2AN is an HT750....
HLA
What radios do you own?: HT1550's, X9000's, CDM1550's

Post by HLA »

try reading that radio and look at the model number in the cps and let us know what that says. v2 firmware is ancient, probablly easier to update the firmware
HLA
I never check PM's so don't bother, just email me.
I won't reply to a hotmail, gmail, aol or any other generic free address, if you want me to reply use a real address.
STOP ASKING ME FOR SOFTWARE OR FIRMWARE, I JUST FORWARD ALL OF THE REQUESTS TO THE MODERATORS
ggfred
New User

Post by ggfred »

I read the radio and this is what is says in radio info:
Model number - H25KDF9AA5
Firmware version - R05.14.03
Tracking info:
codeplug version - latest - 01.07

The codeplug we used was from another radio and we simply write it to all our ht-1250s.
The codeplug loaded fine and all the frequencies are there and the buttons are programmed.
But the red led on top flashes off and on. Push the monitor button and very low sound comes out.
Transmit on a simplex freq with no tones and it hears nothing. Same is true on a freq with TPL.
It does transmit ok.

Before we programmed it the red led was not flashing. I don't know if it transmitted and received because it was programmed to freqs we do not have.
Did we blow in a codeplug that is too new for the firmware that was in the radio?
Any ideas?
Fred
HLA

Post by HLA »

well the good news is that the model number is not a 2an it's a 5an which is a 1250 and it's a vhf model and the 5.14 firmware is not old at all and I can't think of any programming that you could of done that will make that radio with that firmware not work. I think the newest firmware is around 5.16? This is what i'm thinking since you originally came here with the 2an model number and 2.xx firmware and i'll bet the serial number on the back don't match the serial number that shows up in the cps is that somebody has parted that radio togather and it needs to be tuned and aligned. Another question, the model number you listed from the cps says that radio was originally a limited keypad radio, is it still or does it now have a full keypad? It's also possible that somebody hacked that radio up to a 1250 from a 750?
HLA
I won't reply to a hotmail, gmail, aol or any other generic free address, if you want me to reply use a real address.
STOP ASKING ME FOR SOFTWARE OR FIRMWARE, I JUST FORWARD ALL OF THE REQUESTS TO THE MODERATORS
ggfred
New User

Post by ggfred »

I don't have the info from the radio before our programmer put in the new codeplug. So the original ser nbr, version, etc are lost, I just have what shows on the back of the radio. And this is a limited keypad. I bought this radio from a dealer at a hamfest so I have no idea what or where. I will send it back to the dealer and see if he can program it for us, or make it right.
Thanks for all the help,
Fred
HLA

Post by HLA »

Not what I mean, if you read the radio right now it will still tell you that info
HLA
ggfred
New User

Post by ggfred »

If I read the radio right now it tells all the info that I put in when I programmed it with our codeplug. The original info that was in the radio before I put in this codeplug is gone. I thought if I could get a codeplug somewhere around ver R02.??.?? I might be able to restore it.

I'm assuming that the codeplug we put in is newer and perhaps has some functions the radio just does not understand?????

Fred
HLA

Post by HLA »

NO, your 5.14 firmware is not that old, you shouldn't be having those problems, a new codeplug will work with that version. Take the radio in and have the firmware updated to brand new and it will update the codeplug version too and problem solved?
HLA
ggfred
New User

Post by ggfred »

I will give that a try, hopefully it will work.
Thanks for the help...

Return to “Radio Programming”