2001 Ford Expedition Center Console Question.

This forum is dedicated to helping people with questions about installing radio equipment in vehicles. This can include antenna installs, electrical wiring questions/problems, and mounting systems. Pictures of installs are welcome.

Note: Discussions regarding lighting, sirens, and other equipment now has its own forum in the 'off-topic' section below.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

SmartZone

2001 Ford Expedition Center Console Question.

Post by SmartZone »

I have the sunroof with rear AC/Heat controls on the cetner console. I also have the reverse backup over ride button on the console as well as the molded cup holders.

I noticed at one point, a replacement insert for the 2002 Explorer that you'd unscrew the 'top' of the stock console and replace it with a color matched one that had plenty of room for radio gear / sirens etc.

Is there such an item for the 2001 Expedition Eddie Bauer 4x2? How would I go about getting one made if thats teh way I wanted to go? I would have to relocate the rear/ac controls into this cover.. as well as the backup override... I want to mount more gear in the console, but dont care about cup holders, etc. The top of the console has 2 screws.. it lifts right off... I'd love to find something that fits right on top of the current console that is 'wide enough' to mount a smart siren control head, two C7 remote heads, and a W7 head.

Any ideas??
kens

Post by kens »

I think the console you are talking about is from Jotto Desk. Last time I looked at their website there was nothing for the Expedition.
There are several posts about the 02 Expedition I just completed. I will be starting another next month.
Chato
Batboard $upporter
What radios do you own?: Several

Post by Chato »

Hey Kens,

Check the two posts before the last one in this thread:

http://batboard.batlabs.com/viewtopic.php?t=7537

Maybe shoot over some pix of that Exped install. Thanks!

~Chad :D

Return to “Vehicle Radio Installs”