XTL5000 O5 Head question

This forum is dedicated to discussions pertaining specifically to the Motorola ASTRO line of radios (those that use VSELP/IMBE/AMBE), including using digital modulation, digital programming, FlashPort upgrades, etc. If you have general questions please use the General or Programming forums.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

cahighwayman22

XTL5000 O5 Head question

Post by cahighwayman22 »

Hello

Does anyone know if the O5 heads have a fuse? I have a head that is completely dead. The radio itself is fine as another O5 head works on it, and I have verfied that the radio and head is getting power and the remote cable is good. If the control head has a fuse, where would it be located?

-Thanks

Trevor KI6KGN
escomm
Queue Moderator

Re: XTL5000 O5 Head question

Post by escomm »

Yes there's a fuse. Not sure where it is off the top of my head, you'd need the detailed service manual for the board layout. In the meantime, some more troubleshooting is possible. Does the control head pull any power at all when you power it up? It should draw about 100 milliamps. My suspicion is you will find the fuse is fine, and the control head has other gremlins. Of the hundreds of O5 heads that have come across my bench, I can count on one hand the number of heads with blown fuses. It's quite rare for it to blow
cahighwayman22

Post by cahighwayman22 »

Escomm: Do you happen to have that in PDF by some chance? I don't think my shop has it.

-Trevor
Jim202

Post by Jim202 »

cahighwayman22 wrote:Escomm: Do you happen to have that in PDF by some chance? I don't think my shop has it.

-Trevor

Download it from MOL.

Jim

Return to “Legacy Batboard Motorola ASTRO (VSELP/IMBE/AMBE) Equipment Forum”