Command Star Lite

This forum is for discussions regarding System Infrastructure and Related Equipment. This includes but is not limited to repeaters, base stations, consoles, voters, Voice over IP, system design and implementation, and other related topics.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Thon725

Command Star Lite

Post by Thon725 »

I try to program my old command star lite . But it can't read or write to it. When I connect it to cable and computer it show not found remote. What happen ? RSS to old or other ?
BRAVO0122
What radios do you own?: XTS2.5K 3K 5K ASM ASP M-RK/PA

Re: Command Star Lite

Post by BRAVO0122 »

Trying connect CommandSTAR LITE <- -> CSDM and press any button and see the RSS display connect or not.
d119

Post by d119 »

You may need to use a null modem adapter as well...
Thon725

Post by Thon725 »

d119 wrote:You may need to use a null modem adapter as well...
What modem you prefer? Normaly it can use 9db pin prog cable? or I use wrong cable?
wavetar
Administrator

Post by wavetar »

Thon725 wrote:
What modem you prefer? Normaly it can use 9db pin prog cable? or I use wrong cable?
"Null modem cable" means pins 2 & 3 are crossed over, not a straight through serial cable.

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/ ... 720071DECF
No trees were harmed in the posting of this message...however an extraordinarily large number of electrons were horribly inconvenienced.

Welcome to the /\/\achine.
Thon725

Post by Thon725 »

wavetar wrote:
Thon725 wrote:
"Null modem cable" means pins 2 & 3 are crossed over, not a straight through serial cable.

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/ ... 720071DECF
I use quantar cable is same as your said to read it but it not work. How many version of rss and firmware version?
d119

Post by d119 »

There are quite a few different versions. If you contact Motorola (or maybe even CML, they are the OEM of that thing), tell them your firmware version, they can tell you which CSDM Lite version you need to use.

Return to “Base Stations, Repeaters, General Infrastructure”