Remoting Motorola Gold Elite Console

This forum is for discussions regarding System Infrastructure and Related Equipment. This includes but is not limited to repeaters, base stations, consoles, voters, Voice over IP, system design and implementation, and other related topics.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Radio Wave
New User

Remoting Motorola Gold Elite Console

Post by Radio Wave »

I have 14 Gold Elite Consoles on a SmartZone 3.0 system supporting 5000 users and would like to move the consoles to a new EOC !
escomm
Queue Moderator

Re: Remoting Motorola Gold Elite Console

Post by escomm »

No problem
wavetar
Administrator

Post by wavetar »

Radio Wave wrote:I have 14 Gold Elite Consoles on a SmartZone 3.0 system supporting 5000 users and would like to move the consoles to a new EOC !
Are the consoles configured as local...ie: is the CEB co-located in the same building...or are they 'remote' consoles, running over some sort of backhaul to a CEB in a different location? Obviously, these are two very different scenarios requiring two very different solutions. Neither is simple.
No trees were harmed in the posting of this message...however an extraordinarily large number of electrons were horribly inconvenienced.

Welcome to the /\/\achine.
desperado
What radios do you own?: Motorola

Post by desperado »

Yep. possible but VERY expensive. First option is Roci Cori modems for each console... second option, and only if you already have an ambassador switch is installing T-1 circuits between the two locations and adding the needed ABE cards to the switch to interface the CEB's that will aslo need moved to the new location. The cards are $80,000 (eighty Thousand) each plus the reaccuring cost of the T-1 circuits.
Keith
CET USMSS
Field Tech
What more can I say

Return to “Base Stations, Repeaters, General Infrastructure”