HT1250 Repair Cost

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

BigTex1136
What radios do you own?: XTS APX VIKING KENWOOD

HT1250 Repair Cost

Post by BigTex1136 »

I ended up with 5 Ht1250 UHF LS radios. All 5 will not power on. When you turn them on the green LED will flash once very quick but nothing happens. I am guessing they all have blown internal fuses. :x So does anyone want to give me some repair costs for this or am I better off robbing parts off them. I would like to get them working but its going to come down to repair cost. Thanks
GOT MODAT?
RFguy

Re: HT1250 Repair Cost

Post by RFguy »

If the fuse is gone, the LED won't light at all.

I suspect you have a corrupt codeplug or the radios were hacked in some way.
Jim202

Post by Jim202 »

Is it possible the codeplugs are blank? Have you tried to read the radios with the software for them?

Jim
Jason

Post by Jason »

Those days are long past. Not really possible to have a "blank" codeplug, the cps and radio stops you when you get to a certain minimum. It surely could be corrupt or one of the many rebadged "pro" LA radios floating around.

750 with a 1250 6 key housing placed on it? Does your model # match a 1250?

Some things to try.
Jason

IF SOMEONE PM'S YOU - HAVE THE COURTESY TO REPLY.
llu727

Post by llu727 »

Try reading them.. you may find out that they have been inhibited. If I remember, the software will tell you - they symptoms match.
BigTex1136
What radios do you own?: XTS APX VIKING KENWOOD

Post by BigTex1136 »

Wow I feel stupid now. Thanks guys. So I did not even try to read the radios before posting this.

So I was able to read the radio just fine. It has all kinds of stuff in them. So for fun I just it write and the radio just came back to life.

So now my next question is what on earth made them do this? I got all five at the same time and all five would do nothing other than a quick green light flash then it was like the radio was just off. I have never seen that before.

Thanks again everyone for the replies
GOT MODAT?

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”