Connecting APX 7000 and HT 1250

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

toddk
New User

Connecting APX 7000 and HT 1250

Post by toddk »

Okay, here is a fun one...

I am trying to take the audio output from a APX 7000 and pipe it to the microphone input for a ht 1250.
Then I want to take the audio output from the 1250 and send it to the mic of the APX.
I need to set it up so VOX is enabled both ways. (Either through a ptt signal sent with audio, or programming on the radio itself.)

The endgame is to be able to transmit on the uhf band and have it simucast to the trunked system, and vice versa. (Is the proper term a cross-band repeater?)

I have the adapter for the 1250 that provides a 3.5 mm jack and 2.5 mm jack, but there is no comparable part for the APX that I can find.
I came across the hirose adapter, and found a pinout diagram here. http://batboard.batlabs.com/viewtopic.php?t=52801.
So I am trying to figure our a way to wire the hirose adapter to a 3.5 and a 2.5 jack. (Or if there is a better way to do what I am attempting, please enlighten me!)

I have the software to program the 1250, but not the APX. I can have the APX programmed if anyone can provide the specifics of what needs to be programmed.

Thanks in advance for the assistance!

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”