MSF-5K CXB UHF R2 TX Issue

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

W2IBC
What radios do you own?: Maxtrac,gm300,msf5000

MSF-5K CXB UHF R2 TX Issue

Post by W2IBC »

I have a UHF CXB R2 5K that I am having some issues with. I have no TX output at all. VCO (both TX/RX locked) on the SSCB the PA on light is off, if i push the xmit switch I get a real fast blink of the PA on, PA key lights.

Now I have taken my ft-60r ht and the PA by itself and was able to make output. so i know it is getting dc power fine.

what am I missing? what *could* be the issue?
W2IBC

Re: MSF-5K CXB UHF R2 TX Issue

Post by W2IBC »

well today I took apart everything and got some cleaner and cleaned out every pin, plug, and connector I could. and I now have transmit. PA is working.
motorola_otaku

Post by motorola_otaku »

Watch out for the PA sense cable connection to the board underneath the RF tray. That's ****ed me more times than I can count.

You might also want to take the RF board out of the RF tray and inspect the passthrough connectors. If there's black crud built up around the base of the pins that can also cause a false PA fail indication.
W2IBC

Post by W2IBC »

motorola_otaku wrote:Watch out for the PA sense cable connection to the board underneath the RF tray. That's ****ed me more times than I can count.

You might also want to take the RF board out of the RF tray and inspect the passthrough connectors. If there's black crud built up around the base of the pins that can also cause a false PA fail indication.
yeah I ended up taking everything apart and cleaning. all seems to be working now.

now to do the fine tune, and find all the control lines so I can hook it to the RC-210

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”