The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

kc8svs
No Longer Registered

Post by kc8svs »

How can I get that little picture by my name? I have a picture that I want up there, but I can't figure out how to get it re-sized, posted, etc.

Any help appreciated!
M.A. Baker

Wrecker Diver
Nextel, how business gets fu*ked up!
streaker

Post by streaker »

I resized mine down using either photoshop or paint, I can't remember which one I used. There is an option to scale it down by percentages. If you have horizontal and vertical, set them to the same otherwise it will goof up the picture.
phrawg

Post by phrawg »

just size it down and follow the instructions near the end of your personal info form and VIOLA ! if you use a gif file and a gif animator it will move also :lol: Phrawg
BBbzzzzz... ZAP.. GULP !!! ahhhh GOOD fly !
alex
Administrator

Post by alex »

Here's the requirements for the Avatar:

Only one image can be displayed at a time, its width can be no greater than 80 pixels, a height no greater than 80 pixels and a file size no more than 6kB.

Animated GIF's can be used providing it's less than 6kb total.

I recomend using Adobe Photoshop to do it - as you can leave a setting on which retains the proportions of the image. If your not careful, you'll stretch the image and it'll look rather bad.

Your profile can be found at this link: http://batboard.batlabs.com/profile.php ... ditprofile and always at the top of the page with the rest of the functions - next to the You have no new messages link.

-Alex
kc8svs
No Longer Registered

Post by kc8svs »

Yeah, but the thing is, I don't have Photoshop. I'm a cheap a$$. I tried it in paint, and it just crops the picture down to the 80x80 or whatever piece in the upper left corner.
M.A. Baker

Wrecker Diver
alex
Administrator

Post by alex »

Send me the photo, and i'll crop it for you, as well as add it to your profile if you'd like.

Might take me a day or two, but I'll see what I can do.

Alex ( a t ) batlabs.com
kc8svs
No Longer Registered

Post by kc8svs »

Ok, bet. That'll work out a lot, thanks Alex. I will mail it to you when I get a few more seconds and aren't walking out the door!

:)
M.A. Baker

Wrecker Diver
Astro_Saber
Fail 01/90

Post by Astro_Saber »

best to save it as a gif as it is size constrainted
kc8svs
No Longer Registered

Post by kc8svs »

Just posting to see if my avatar is up yet