ASTRO FLASHCODES

This forum is dedicated to discussions pertaining specifically to the Motorola ASTRO line of radios (those that use VSELP/IMBE/AMBE), including using digital modulation, digital programming, FlashPort upgrades, etc. If you have general questions please use the General or Programming forums.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

CHEFA2001
Banned

Post by CHEFA2001 »

I have seen many partial flash code listings but was wondering if anyone had a complete of (What they believe to be complete) listing, as I am planning on getting my bare astro flashed in the near future and wanted to do my homework before getting the radio ready to ship.

Thanks all.
You can send me private message if you would prefer.
Elroy Jetson

Post by Elroy Jetson »

Why don't you just get the flashcode decoder ring out of the utilities at batlabs.com, and figure it out from that?

Don't try to tell them the flashcode you want, tell them what options you want and let them calculate the flashcode.

Oh...DON'T ask for OTACS and OTACR. Those features will raise suspicion if you ask for them.

Elroy
Twisted_Pear
Batboard $upporter

Post by Twisted_Pear »

Just out of curiosity, is there a way to calculate the checksum?
Chris

Post by Chris »

I agree with Elroy's suggestion. The Motorola inside reps will ask you what flashcode you want. Evade the question by stating I only know the options, the techs will necesarily calculate the new flashcode. Any anyway, you pay per option, not by the flashcode.

Good luck..Chris
Elroy Jetson

Post by Elroy Jetson »

They'll only charge you for added features. I don't think they'll give you credit for any deleted features.

PERHAPS you could ask if they would do that, though. Get rid of a feature you don't need and try to get credit for it.

Elroy

Return to “Legacy Batboard Motorola ASTRO (VSELP/IMBE/AMBE) Equipment Forum”