MaxTrac 300 - GM300

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

elmanoduarte

MaxTrac 300 - GM300

Post by elmanoduarte »

Hi.

Could the Front case from a Maxtrac be swithed by I Front case from a GM300 ? It will be compatible?
train_radio_guy

Re: MaxTrac 300 - GM300

Post by train_radio_guy »

I believe the front case of the Maxtrac & the GM300 are structurally the same inside, so they would be compatible in that respect. I think the pinout of the volume & channel/system board in the front head is the same as well, so long as we're talking a Maxtrac with the 7-segment display. Obviously the labeling would be different, but functionally, it should work. I would double check the impedance of the speakers, and make sure they are the same, or simply swap them if there is a difference.

Beyond that, I think you should be fine.
"Trust me, I know what I'm doing!" - Sledge Hammer
PETNRDX
What radios do you own?: Too many

Re: MaxTrac 300 - GM300

Post by PETNRDX »

NO.
Not exactly the same.
As I said on the other discussion board, the older RADIUS and MAXTRAC have a 12 pin and a 13 pin connector.
The GM300 line have a 12 pin and a 15 pin connector.
So NOT directly interchangeable.
The display board has the 12 pin, and those are essentially the same.
The 15 pin (GM Series) is not even close to the same pinouts as the 13 pin of the MAXTRAC.
The primary reason for the difference is the speaker wires are added to the MIC/HANDSET/PROGRAMMING board.
If you get down to actual specifics, there are almost NO parts that are the exact same on the GM as the ones on the RADIUS and MAXTRAC.
Really other than the top and bottom covers, and the screws, nearly everything else is different.
Steve K.

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”