circulator?

This forum is for the discussions targeted at converting various models of Motorola equipment to operate in the 900MHz Amateur Band.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Dan K

circulator?

Post by Dan K »

I Have a Micor Compa Station. I am only useing the power supply rack and PA. What I'm trying to do is to cut down the PA power from 100watts to 50watts I removed the Micor circulator and I installed it in line but where do I supply the power to it and how much???
Hartley
Batboard $upporter

Circulator

Post by Hartley »

Hi Dan,

A circulator is not powered -it is a passive device. If there is wiring, it is likely power metering or some such..

73 DE Hartley
KB0HFX
What radios do you own?: Spectras, Sabers

circulators

Post by KB0HFX »

A circulator is a passive device usually combined with a 50 ohm load, mostly for 2 uses in multicoupled systems to keep other transmitters power out of the PA or as a fall off device IE the antenna could fall off the tower and the transmitter would never know it. What you need is an attenuator to go between the exciter and the input of the PA. In a perfect world you would need a 3 DB attenuator to cut your drive power in half and the output would be half theoreticly. Whats your input power to the PA? The preffered way would to be turn the output of the exciter down.
Laterz
Austin
KB0HFX

Return to “Converting Motorola Equipment to 900MHz Amateur”