Astro Saber 1 Problem

This forum is dedicated to discussions pertaining specifically to the Motorola ASTRO line of radios (those that use VSELP/IMBE/AMBE), including using digital modulation, digital programming, FlashPort upgrades, etc. If you have general questions please use the General or Programming forums.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

hvacesu78

Post by hvacesu78 »

Astro Saber I
32 Ch/ HO4RDC9PW5AN
UHF. No Keypad/Display.
Powers Up-Beep Ok, NO TX/RX-

Apparently, I was advised by owner that it was "cloned" with an Astro Saber III. (Yes I said the same thing..??)

Right now the unit is unprogrammable, and when radio is read the Model number indicates differently... (apparently the astro III) -H04 S DH9P W7 AN. (When Read)

I do have a copy of a W5 Codeplug for same model, however it doesnt take.
Is there a way to "reset" or create a new Radio Profile ?
Any suggestions, comments, prayers would be helpful. Thank You for your time

Happy New Year

John

esu78@excite.com
Pj
What radios do you own?: X9000 thru APX

Post by Pj »

Well, you would need to use lab to blow that codeplug into the radio, but you will need to change the serial number and the feature set may not be compatible with the firmare in your radio...which is something to consider. I do not have lab, so don't ask.

If you can, read the radio into RSS, and post here what the HOST and DSP verison are, then load up for model I file, and post the flashcode, that will give us a better idea of if it is possible.
hvacesu78

Post by hvacesu78 »

On 2001-12-30 22:57, hvacesu78 wrote:
Astro Saber I
32 Ch/ HO4RDC9PW5AN
UHF. No Keypad/Display.
Powers Up-Beep Ok, NO TX/RX-

Apparently, I was advised by owner that it was "cloned" with an Astro Saber III. (Yes I said the same thing..??)

Right now the unit is unprogrammable, and when radio is read the Model number indicates differently... (apparently the astro III) -H04 S DH9P W7 AN. (When Read)

I do have a copy of a W5 Codeplug for same model, however it doesnt take.
Is there a way to "reset" or create a new Radio Profile ?
Any suggestions, comments, prayers would be helpful. Thank You for your time

Happy New Year

John

esu78@excite.com

In request here is the info I have:
CodePlug Info on "BAD" Radio in question:
H35
DSP : 5.00.25
Radio SW Ver: 3.31.00.0
Codeplug:8401018F00004
Code Version: 0007
H04SHD9XXXXXX

Info on COPY of Codeplug I would like to use
H37
Flashcode:0000040020002
DSP: N/A
Code Version: 000C
H04RDC9XXXXXX

Thanks !
Pj
What radios do you own?: X9000 thru APX

Post by Pj »

Looks like someone tried to blow in a LAPD codeplug...they use the Model 3, you have the 1. Hmmm.

Check your messages for tips.
junkyardnut

Post by junkyardnut »

Well it you get tired of messing with that radio, I'd be interested in buying it. I need some radio parts. Contack me at junk@junkyardnut.com
Elroy Jetson

Post by Elroy Jetson »

Nice. Some dumb nut tried to clone an LAPD (old style) radio into it.

First, you have a band issue. 403-470 radio, 450-520 codeplug. That's why it doesn't work.

Get a codeplug, ANY codeplug, that's in the RIGHT bandsplit for the radio. I assume you're using something vaguely resembling lab software...but I'm not asking.

If so, you can transfer that codeplug into the radio via the clone menu. If the codeplug is too new for the software, try uing the F4 read/write without pack/unpack options and see if you can get the codeplug into the RSS (you will hardly even know it's there) and then blow it into the radio via the write with no pack/unpack. It's been a while since I messed with it, but I think that works. You will have to fiddle with it.

I'm pretty sure this will work.

Elroy
CHEFA2001
Banned

Post by CHEFA2001 »

Hey hvacesu78,

If you have not yet corrected your problem, or thrown it out the window- I have a codeplug from an a radio with identical model # for you.
Let me know via Pri. Msg. if you want me to email it to you, and what your email addy. is.
Also, I assume you know what exactly you need to do to usethis, right? (had to ask)
penstar

Post by penstar »

Elroy is right.

If you have access to a radio or codeplug in the same split, use the read/write without pack/unpack feature in lab to read the source radio or plug, then connect your radio to the rib cable and load the source plug into your radio using the same read/write without pack/unpack feature. It works.
hvacesu78

Post by hvacesu78 »

An update... its back !
Just a big thank you to all of you who helped, I no longer have a paperweight !

John
:grin:

Return to “Legacy Batboard Motorola ASTRO (VSELP/IMBE/AMBE) Equipment Forum”