XTS3000 Pricing at $525 IS that Good?

This forum is dedicated to discussions pertaining specifically to the Motorola ASTRO line of radios (those that use VSELP/IMBE/AMBE), including using digital modulation, digital programming, FlashPort upgrades, etc. If you have general questions please use the General or Programming forums.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

radiofreak17

XTS3000 Pricing at $525 IS that Good?

Post by radiofreak17 »

Is an XTS3000 for 525 a good deal.Let me know what yall think
Monty
Administrator

Post by Monty »

HI:

Depends:

1. Is it working ?

2. Does it have the " Original " Model / Serial Tags ?

3. Has it been reported Stolen / Miss-placed / Lost ?

4. If its a Orignal XTS3000 in good to fair condion, and
is not a Stolen Radio, that is a good deal !

MS
Need help on a Program Cable or (/\/\) Rib Box ?
Contact me anytime/All availible / Free Support Info !

mail to: MSisco9939@aol.com
PLease avoid PM's whenever possible. Box gets too full.
werdnuts
Batboard $upporter

Post by werdnuts »

sounds like the 3 'saber xts 3000' model 1 radios listed on ebay. the pic is limited... probably to hide engraving and it is the same image for all three... that and the guy doesnt know what he has.... hence the two different listed flashcodes in the descriptions.

i would be wary....

just my 2 cents...

-werdnuts
ASTROMODAT

Post by ASTROMODAT »

Keep in mind that to uplift an analog (e.g., "ASTRO Ready") XTS 3000 to IMBE is about $770 (if you get the FLASHport upgrade from Motorola, versus forcing in a hacked plug from someone), assuming that it is capable of IMBE (e.g.,the radio must have the 1 Meg VOCON, as the 512k VOCON only supports VSELP). Then there is the DES-OFB module, which is $795 new, or a lot less if you can find a good one on the used market.

This could make your final equipped price quite high. It makes sense to decide where you want to wind up in terms of your radio's capabilities/final equipped configuration, and then go from there. It's ususally cheaper if you can find a used ASTRO radio with this pricey stuff already installed, and thereby paid for the first time by someone else!

Larry
AngelFire_91

Post by AngelFire_91 »

werdnuts wrote:sounds like the 3 'saber xts 3000' model 1 radios listed on ebay. the pic is limited... probably to hide engraving and it is the same image for all three... that and the guy doesnt know what he has.... hence the two different listed flashcodes in the descriptions.

i would be wary....

just my 2 cents...

-werdnuts
I asked this guy what he really had, and what the flashcode really is because if you notice what he has listed is not in the right format. he responded with all the typical I have no clue kind of things. So I ran through it with him.

They are model 1
Flash is only IMBE and H37

That's what the label had on it. but He was told that the Flash was what he had listed on Ebay, so I'm guess that it's hacked.

He truly does not know what he has, he even asked me how much he could expect to get from them. SO, If you wanted to take the chance, you could probably get a pretty good deal for these but I wouldn't do it.
Kevin

Return to “Legacy Batboard Motorola ASTRO (VSELP/IMBE/AMBE) Equipment Forum”