6 cavity duplexer tuning

This forum is for discussions regarding System Infrastructure and Related Equipment. This includes but is not limited to repeaters, base stations, consoles, voters, Voice over IP, system design and implementation, and other related topics.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

PCX1612

6 cavity duplexer tuning

Post by PCX1612 »

hi i am looking for a relible person who can tune my 6 cavity notch duplexer for my gr 300 repeater.. it is that type of duplexer that fits in the gr300 repeater cabinet..

it is 50 watts max uhf duplexer 6 cavity and 3 antenna radio wiring plugs. those are the rx and tx and antenna plugs. oh and the 6 tuning screws.
the duplexer was made by Harbor Industries.

or if somone can point me to a site or company that will tune it for me that would be great........

thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rico

Email is: PCX1612@HOTMAIL.COM
THE BAT BOARDS RULE..............................
Jim202

Re: 6 cavity duplexer tuning

Post by Jim202 »

Why don't you get the barnd name off the cavity and call the company. Most of the time you can get ahold of an engineer that can supply the tuning instructions.

Bad side of the tuning is that you will need some good test equipment. You will also need some 50 ohm terninations, some 50 ohm (at least 6 to 10 db) pads and some good test cables.

If your trying to move the tuning very far, the cable lengths between the cavities may also have to be changed. These lengths are some what frequency dependent. They effect the curve of the cavity notch.

Jim

Return to “Base Stations, Repeaters, General Infrastructure”