For those building the Sandy Ganz RIB...

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

kc7gr
What radios do you own?: Motorola, Icom, Sunair (HF).

For those building the Sandy Ganz RIB...

Post by kc7gr »

My other SG RIB is still locked away in the 'trade show' crate, but I have relocated the information on the enclosure I used. What I did with mine was NOT solder in the two switches, the DB25's, the power LED, or the power connector directly to the PC board. Instead, I got a nice enclosure from Digi-Key that has end panels which are pre-punched for DB25's, and I simply built the thing into it by extending wiring from the appropriate points on the PC board.

The specific enclosure I used is made by Serpac, Digi-Key part #SRA31B-ND. It runs around $11 and change. You will also need to order two of the punched end panels, Digi-Key #SR2015-DB25B-ND at $5.76 Ea.

I should note that the 'B' in the first part number indicates a black box. If you want gray, substitute the letter 'G.' If you want almond color (bleah...), substitute the letter 'A.'

Once I had everything together, I simply stuck some anti-skid feet on the bottom, and I was good to go. I remember that I used a mil-spec circular 3-pin connector for the power input, simply because I had the parts on hand. You can, of course, use anything you want that will support the required drain.

I'm currently building another one, as I mentioned in another post, into the Serpac enclosure. I will post a picture or two of it once it's done.

Keep the peace(es).
Bruce Lane, KC7GR
"Raf tras spintern. Raf tras spoit."

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”