XTS3000 Squelch Alignment

This forum is dedicated to discussions pertaining specifically to the Motorola ASTRO line of radios (those that use VSELP/IMBE/AMBE), including using digital modulation, digital programming, FlashPort upgrades, etc. If you have general questions please use the General or Programming forums.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Yosh

Post by Yosh »

OK... I'm stumped...

How do you set the squelch level on an XTS3000? I am working on a UHF model II with ASTRO ver. 8.0 if that helps. Under the service (F2) menu, I don't see any squelch alignment functions.

I have found, however, the fine tune settings in each individual personality screens.

What gives?

Thanks in advance,
Yosh
KD6PXE
WPOL560
mike m

Post by mike m »

Yosh,

You have to adjust it on a personnality by personality basis. Get into to the conventional personality screen and select F9 (more options) and about 3/4 of the way down on the left side you will see SQUELCH (FINE TUNE) lower this number to open squelch more and increase the number to close squelch more, actually it won't give enough range to actually open the squelch and hear background noise but you can get down to about 6 or 7 dB Sinad and above 18 db sinad where the squelch opens.

Also remember you need to do this for each personality, it's kind of a pain but if you keep the cursor on the SQUELCH (FINE TUNE) selection and hit F4 to cycle thru personalities it goes fast.

Mike
Yosh

Post by Yosh »

Yosh

Post by Yosh »

Oops... Sent that one without writing anything.

Thanks for the help. I have been using the fine tune settings already, but it didn't make any sense to me. Mostly because my MTSX RSS provides the programmer with both alignment options.

I'll make due...

Thanks again,
Yosh

Return to “Legacy Batboard Motorola ASTRO (VSELP/IMBE/AMBE) Equipment Forum”