GTX mobile Filters for Amateur use

This forum is for the discussions targeted at converting various models of Motorola equipment to operate in the 900MHz Amateur Band.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

wb1cmg

GTX mobile Filters for Amateur use

Post by wb1cmg »

What filters are recommended for replacement in the GTX? I need to do the full 902-928 band plan here in New England. Does anyone have an equivalent form/fit Murata replacement number handy? What has been tried?

David, WB1CMG
FN42DV
kg4lmt

Post by kg4lmt »

For the GTX only a software hack is needed for it to work for 902 - 928MHz. You would need the filters only if you were modifying the Maxtrac.

Charles
wb1cmg

GTX Filters

Post by wb1cmg »

Reading some of the other posts suggest that GTXs are deaf above the very band edges due to front-end filters. Since my own equipment is a 908/920 split,I was trying to avoid this issue. I also want to operate 907/919 as well as 902/927. Talkaround on at least one side or the other would be useful too for monitoring/debugging. What is your experience? I am acquuainted with the requirements of the SW mod but haven't yet tried to do it.

David, WB1CMG
KF6HHS

Post by KF6HHS »

David, the filters that can be adapted in the GTX mobil are TOKO 4DFB-915E-10. This is a SMT filter and is spec'ed 902 to 928. Before we found the drop in replacements for the Maxtracs we used them in the Maxtac as well. You can purchase them from Digikey for $30 plus, or I have some NIB. I have heard they also work/fit some Kenwood models.

$5 each plus ship. Regards, Hugh KF6HHS
Seth

Post by Seth »

KF6HHS wrote:David, the filters that can be adapted in the GTX mobil are TOKO 4DFB-915E-10. This is a SMT filter and is spec'ed 902 to 928. Before we found the drop in replacements for the Maxtracs we used them in the Maxtac as well. You can purchase them from Digikey for $30 plus, or I have some NIB. I have heard they also work/fit some Kenwood models.

$5 each plus ship. Regards, Hugh KF6HHS
do you have a picture of those ...

sapose the TOKO 6DFB-915E-10 is the same .. just not surface mount .. ??

Return to “Converting Motorola Equipment to 900MHz Amateur”