ASTRO VCO CROSSOVER

This forum is dedicated to discussions pertaining specifically to the Motorola ASTRO line of radios (those that use VSELP/IMBE/AMBE), including using digital modulation, digital programming, FlashPort upgrades, etc. If you have general questions please use the General or Programming forums.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

x22

Post by x22 »

Where is VCO CROSSOVER frequency setting ?

THX.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: x22 on 2002-03-02 23:36 ]</font>
Elroy Jetson

Post by Elroy Jetson »

That's adjusted on a radio to radio basis. The settings for one radio may be useless on another. If it's working, DON'T MESS WITH IT.

Little is known about this setting. If it's out of whack, you've got to evaluate the VCO's performance over the entire operating band of the radio, which means making a test radio file with a PILE of frequencies in it, all across the band. And then it gets complicated from there but you're going to be pretty much on your own.

Never admit to having or using lab software, either.

Elroy
x22

Post by x22 »

Thanks your advise.
(I was edit)

I have the H04RDH9PW7N. But maybe cloned and edit from the H04SDH9PW7N.
I tried change the VCO CROSSOVER from service menu.(from 486.025 to 438.025)
But, check sum error display on ASTRO.

THX

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: x22 on 2002-03-03 08:01 ]</font>
Pj
What radios do you own?: X9000 thru APX

Post by Pj »

What steps were taken before this happened? Lets back track a bit, it may help us out.

Crossovers are a little funny to deal with, and they play a lot of havoic with VHF radios more than UHF
x22

Post by x22 »

Pj,

450-470Mhz was PLL unlock.(FAIL001)
I check the transceiver bord REV.
Result was V05 REV-D.
I think, VCO CROSSOVER is center frequency of band split.
I don't konw, why 486.025MHz .

THX
Pj
What radios do you own?: X9000 thru APX

Post by Pj »

Are you 100% sure that its not a high split radio? Someone I know did the LAPD thing to his VHF radio, and it would xmit properly, but the RX cross over would be all messed up.

The best thing that I have found it to get a codeplug with the same MODEL/Serial number if possible. Read the codeplug into RSS, then change the crossover freq to the center of the band. Thats a good place to start. Then program that freq to the radio. The RSS will usually not check the serial number or model number (one or the other, I forget which).

Also, send me a private message

If the codeplug in the radio was hacked from another band, this may be what is causing it, or you have another issue. This is from the Batlabs page and may apply to your situation:

BAND CONVERSIONS
This must be done with LAB for the LAB options. Under the hidden LAB options, you must change the band to what the radio has in it. You will also need to have a codeplug that will work with the radio in the service menu in normal RSS. The serial number needs to be the same. What you will have to do after the "upgrade" is to load the old codeplug into normal RSS and go into the service menu. Program the old values back into the radio. DO NOT READ THE RADIO FIRST - LOAD THE OLD CODEPLUG FIRST. This way the values from the old plug will override the values in the plug that you just loaded into the radio. Its the TX/RX alignment screens that you need to deal with. If they are not changed, your radio will not properly lock, hence useless.

Return to “Legacy Batboard Motorola ASTRO (VSELP/IMBE/AMBE) Equipment Forum”