Astro Saber III & its scanning options

This forum is dedicated to discussions pertaining specifically to the Motorola ASTRO line of radios (those that use VSELP/IMBE/AMBE), including using digital modulation, digital programming, FlashPort upgrades, etc. If you have general questions please use the General or Programming forums.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Hightower

Post by Hightower »

Have a Astro III UHF with the RSS User's Guide, and I'm still confused on a scanning option. Can I program the Astro so I can select what channels are included in my scan list from the radios keypad?

You can program in these channels you want to scan in the RSS, but can the scan channels be programmed by the end user via softkeys. From what the (phone book sized) users guide says this is possable, but I'm unable to figure this one out. I can get the scan option softkey to show up and scan options turned on in the RSS, but I can seem to add addition channels to the radio scan list via softkey/keypad. What am I doing wrong?

I have no Astro Saber III users manual, only the RSS Users Guide.

Using R09.00 00 RSS. I have also stopped updating //otorola software to the latest version, unless there is a serious bug/flaw with pervious versions.
Pj
What radios do you own?: X9000 thru APX

Post by Pj »

You need to add the PROG softkey. When you do this, after pressing it, it will give you a list of what you can change on the fly....ID, SCAN and other stuff depending on the flash.
Bugs Bunny

Post by Bugs Bunny »

You will also have to set up the scan list so members are Operator Selectable. Then the PROG menu key will show SCAN, so you can modify the list.

Bugs
Hightower

Post by Hightower »

Thanks for the input PJ and Bugs! I believe the problem was the scan list "Operator Selectable" were not activated/selected in the RSS.

Keep up the good work guys!

Hightower

Return to “Legacy Batboard Motorola ASTRO (VSELP/IMBE/AMBE) Equipment Forum”