Curious about pricing info...

This forum is dedicated to discussions pertaining specifically to the Motorola ASTRO line of radios (those that use VSELP/IMBE/AMBE), including using digital modulation, digital programming, FlashPort upgrades, etc. If you have general questions please use the General or Programming forums.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

fireradio
Batboard $upporter
What radios do you own?: Various APX series

Post by fireradio »

Hi,

I need to buy a low end ASTRO-capable 800MHz portable (ie, XTS3000 model I or Astro Saber model I). I’d like to buy new, if possible, so I’m just wondering what kind of average prices I should expect from dealers. Also, about how much of a price difference would there be between a model I and a model II radio (Saber or XTS)? I realize that the flash upgrades will tack on even more cash to the bill (ugh!). I apologize if this is a bit off topic.

Many thanks for your help!

FireRadio
Chris

Post by Chris »

Your best bet for getting a high end radio is calling Motorola directly. 1-800-367-2346. Talk to one of their sales people and tell them what you are looking for. Keep in mind the prices are for base radios, and then the flashes are added. You can expect to spend close to 3000.00 since you don't fall under any contract price plan as an individual. However, don't accept list prices, sales people are commissioned and will move with the numbers.
Elroy Jetson

Post by Elroy Jetson »

To purchase an Astro product new, you will have to contact Motorola (1-800-247-2346) and get the contact number for the sales representative that covers your state. Astro products are sold ONLY through state sales reps. Your local dealer can't get them without going through a rep.

Those reps are generally decent people to deal with, which helps. It would be better to deal directly with them if you can.

Elroy

Elroy

Return to “Legacy Batboard Motorola ASTRO (VSELP/IMBE/AMBE) Equipment Forum”