XTS Bluetooth??

This forum is dedicated to discussions pertaining specifically to the Motorola ASTRO line of radios (those that use VSELP/IMBE/AMBE), including using digital modulation, digital programming, FlashPort upgrades, etc. If you have general questions please use the General or Programming forums.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Nick

XTS Bluetooth??

Post by Nick »

Howdy Batlabbers!

I ran a search (or two) before posting.... I heard a rumour (sigh.....I know) that the XTS series was being offered with bluetooth profiles?

Who's got the scoop/poop?
Hightower

Post by Hightower »

That would kick ass if it were BlueTooth enabled. As long as the peeps designing the B|T stuff do it right, it works GREAT!!

I've got a V600 cell phone with integrated B|T, and the wireless headset works extremely well, so I can see a B|T mic is designed peoperly working very well.
/\/\y 2 cents
On Moderation
What radios do you own?: iPhone, Blackberry, HT220

Post by /\/\y 2 cents »

yeah works especially well if there are like 25 mics and radios all in use routinely within 100 feet of 802.11 base stations, cordless phones, 802.11 cards, not to mention each other. Bluetooth is 2.4ghz ISM band which is license free if memory serves me correctly. I wouldn't want my radio's transmission compromised in any way by interference. It is a neat HAM accessory, but has no place among commercial users whol rely on their portable in any way. I thought 2.4 ISM was illegal for Gov't use and should use 5.8Ghz which is licensed instead.
CTAMontrose
was grem467

Post by CTAMontrose »

if 5.8Ghz isnt part 15, then how are the new cordless phones and 802.11a devices there??

Return to “Legacy Batboard Motorola ASTRO (VSELP/IMBE/AMBE) Equipment Forum”