XTS 2500

This forum is dedicated to discussions pertaining specifically to the Motorola ASTRO line of radios (those that use VSELP/IMBE/AMBE), including using digital modulation, digital programming, FlashPort upgrades, etc. If you have general questions please use the General or Programming forums.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Pj
What radios do you own?: X9000 thru APX

Post by Pj »

Am I reading the Motorola page correctly and that the 2500 will come in VHF & UHF in one radio, in addtion to the 800 model?

Also, does anyone know what the price point of this model will be? If it is cheeper or about the same as the XTS3000's, I will steer the PD that way. Any inside help would be great.

Thanks
Elroy Jetson

Post by Elroy Jetson »

From Motorola's product page on the 2500:

ASTRO 25 Digital Trunking
ASTRO Digital and Analog Trunking
Mutual Aid
FLASHport Support
Dual band 764-870 MHz
VHF: 136-174 MHz
UHF: 403-470 MHz (Range 1); 450-520 MHz (Range 2)
Noise Reduction Software and Audio Gain Control
Date/Time and Caller ID service
MIL Specs. C, D, E and F
FM Approved for Division 1, Class I, II, III, Grp, C,D,E,F,G with approved FM batteries and accessories
Integrated Voice and Data
Alphanumeric Text Services
Smart Battery Technology
Intelligent Motorola Portable Radio Energy System (IMPRES)
Windows®-based Customer Programming SoftwarePS

The dual band feature is exclusively 700/800 MHz. Technically, it's probably a continuous band circuit that covers both the 700 and 800 bands rather than two separate circuits.

Elroy
Pj
What radios do you own?: X9000 thru APX

Post by Pj »

That's was thinking. Our sells rep (the Motorola one and not the local company one) stated there was something in the works about 6 months ago, but I wasn't sure if this was it or not.

This and next year shold be interesting.
Ray D. O'Mann #2

Post by Ray D. O'Mann #2 »

I have to admit, I got pretty excited when I read 'dual band' in the specs for this radio, a few months ago. It is a little misleading, I had to re-read it a few times to be sure myself.

Return to “Legacy Batboard Motorola ASTRO (VSELP/IMBE/AMBE) Equipment Forum”