User selectable MPL on Astro Spectra

This forum is dedicated to discussions pertaining specifically to the Motorola ASTRO line of radios (those that use VSELP/IMBE/AMBE), including using digital modulation, digital programming, FlashPort upgrades, etc. If you have general questions please use the General or Programming forums.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Richard

User selectable MPL on Astro Spectra

Post by Richard »

Is there a way to get user-selectable MPL on an Astro Spectra?
Pj
What radios do you own?: X9000 thru APX

Post by Pj »

Nope
Lowband radio. The original and non-complicated wide area interoperable communications system
ASTROMODAT

Post by ASTROMODAT »

Yes. You can manually select a PL by scrolling Up/Down through a predefined list of PLs, as programmed in the CPS. Of course, this would only be the case in analog FM mode. Its kind of dumb, though as it would be way easier to just program different modes (e.g., same TX/RX freqs, but with different Encode and/or Decode PLs, depending on the mode selected).

Larry
Pj
What radios do you own?: X9000 thru APX

Post by Pj »

Where in CPS? I haven't seen a single option that allows MPL from the keypad.
Lowband radio. The original and non-complicated wide area interoperable communications system
Batboard $upporter

Post by 515 »

If there's an Astro Spectra that supports MPL, I haven't seen it. And I've seen a lot of Astro Spectras...

I have seen new Astro Spectras shipped with a MPL button included in the bag of extra buttons, but still never seen an Astro Spectra that really supports it.

Many analog Spectras support MPL though.
ASTROMODAT

Post by ASTROMODAT »

MPL on an ASTRO Spectra mobile requires a "field quotable" SP, and it comes with a special MPL button, or you can alternatively choose to use the Up/Down arrow keys.

Keep in mind that there are a bazillion field quotable SPs for the ASTRO Spectra (a subset of the most popular ones can be found in the Motorola Price Book, in the "Field Quotable SP" Tab), which generally causes little (if any) delay in shipment.

If you want more info on the MPL SP option for the ASTRO Spectra, have your Motorola Sales guy check EYES, and he can get more info.

Hope this helps.

Larry
Richard

MPL on Astro Spectra

Post by Richard »

Thanks Guys.....can a field flash of sorts add this to an existing radio?
ASTROMODAT

Post by ASTROMODAT »

On the ASTRO, you'll need an SP FLASH, which gets hairy (not to load, but to get it ordered, etc.). Field quotable SP's are a pain in the a_ _, unless you have a really good Motorola sales guy (e.g., one who has 20 years experience).

Larry

Return to “Legacy Batboard Motorola ASTRO (VSELP/IMBE/AMBE) Equipment Forum”