new saber series?

This forum is dedicated to discussions pertaining specifically to the Motorola ASTRO line of radios (those that use VSELP/IMBE/AMBE), including using digital modulation, digital programming, FlashPort upgrades, etc. If you have general questions please use the General or Programming forums.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Astro_Saber
Fail 01/90

Post by Astro_Saber »

well we all know they are cancelling the saber series.

is their a new style saber coming out or are they trying to shaft the enduser and give them the crappy snap XTS's
Elroy Jetson

Post by Elroy Jetson »

Time will tell. But historically, Motorola has always offered two separate high tier product lines at any given time.

I've also heard (from one of our members) that he's seen a prototype radio (in use with a 3 letter gov't agency, or so I gather) that is Saber-like in design, much as an XTS-5000 is like an XTS-3000 in design. One may hope that it's a product that will make it to market and will be totally kick-ass, like my first (and continuing) impression of Astro Sabers when I first saw them.

Time will tell.

Elroy
Astro Spectra

Post by Astro Spectra »

Elroy, Same intel here. Compatible with most Saber/Astro Saber accessories and batteries, but uses the XTS3500 EMC hardware.

PS Samples supposedly programmed with XTS3500 RSS!!!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Astro Spectra on 2002-03-28 00:17 ]</font>

Return to “Legacy Batboard Motorola ASTRO (VSELP/IMBE/AMBE) Equipment Forum”