AS3 low battery threashold adjustment?

This forum is dedicated to discussions pertaining specifically to the Motorola ASTRO line of radios (those that use VSELP/IMBE/AMBE), including using digital modulation, digital programming, FlashPort upgrades, etc. If you have general questions please use the General or Programming forums.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

sglass
Batboard $upporter
What radios do you own?: sonic screwdriver

AS3 low battery threashold adjustment?

Post by sglass »

Where in the hell is it?

I am using rss 9.04

also tried tuner cps, and saw no adjustments there

It kicks in almost immediatly
Lord Windeshmere

Post by Lord Windeshmere »

I could be wrong but I think it's only in LAB rss.
sglass
Batboard $upporter

Post by sglass »

hmm

why in the f would motorola do that

I disabled the audible alert, so I won't hear the damn thing beep at me.

I'm not sure if I want to dick with this radio and lab though.
Pj
What radios do you own?: X9000 thru APX

Post by Pj »

It was either the saber or another portable that had a SRN about this, and where to change it. I think it would apply to the Saber as well. I could swear that somewhere I did see the steps to do this. I'll look on MOL later to see what I can dig up
Lowband radio. The original and non-complicated wide area interoperable communications system
Pj
What radios do you own?: X9000 thru APX

Post by Pj »

Reading thru the CPS etc, battery adjustments only apply to the XTS3000.
This alignment procedure adjusts the Low Battery Transmit Threshold Level used by the radio when determining the Threshold for the Low Battery Indicator. Calibration is required only for radios that exhibit premature low battery indication.

Procedure

1. Before reading the radio, remove the battery and use a regulated power supply to apply exactly 7.2 volts to the battery contacts. Read the radio.

2. Click on the "Calibrate" button to make the radio determine the new Low Battery Transmit Threshold Level.

3. Click on the "Program All" button to save the new Low Battery Transmit Threshold Level.

Note:

This procedure is required ONLY for XTS3000 radios that exhibit premature low battery indication.

Radios should be aligned prior to performing battery calibration

There is also a SRN on the XTS3000 when they first came out. People were getting premature low battery alerts with secure XTS's, or non-secure upgraded to secure. It was a HOST issue (v1.7!)

FWIW, it mentions XTS3000's with option VSLEP
Corrective Action: Reflash both the host and DSP code.

For customers with R1.7 code (VSELP option Q242AC and Q241AF) flash upgrade with Host version R03.32.00 and DSP versions 05.01.03. For customers with R3.0 code (IMBE option Q806AC) ) flash upgrade with Host version R04.01.02 and DSP version R06.03.01. These upgrades will not provide any new features but will correct early “Alert”.
I know some people will still say the XTS3000 never had that option..but that's from SRN 1227.
Lowband radio. The original and non-complicated wide area interoperable communications system
Astrosaber

Post by Astrosaber »

My AS2 has behaved this way since 1997! It's been slowly driving me nuts all this time...

So, the consensus is that there's no way to adjust the threshhold in an AS?
sglass
Batboard $upporter

Post by sglass »

[edited - fixed my half awake spelling]

so it seems

however

I've been using a freshly charge nicad on it for a while now

I disabled the beep

no flashing battery either

maybe the radio sat for so long with no battery it needed a battery on it for a while?

or am I on crack?
Last edited by sglass on Sat Oct 16, 2004 6:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lord Windeshmere

Post by Lord Windeshmere »

Maybe your original battery was bad...had a bad cell?
sglass
Batboard $upporter

Post by sglass »

nah not it, same battery on the other as3 vhf was fine.
sglass
Batboard $upporter

Post by sglass »

Pj wrote:Reading thru the CPS etc, battery adjustments only apply to the XTS3000.
This alignment procedure adjusts the Low Battery Transmit Threshold Level used by the radio when determining the Threshold for the Low Battery Indicator. Calibration is required only for radios that exhibit premature low battery indication.

Procedure

1. Before reading the radio, remove the battery and use a regulated power supply to apply exactly 7.2 volts to the battery contacts. Read the radio.

2. Click on the "Calibrate" button to make the radio determine the new Low Battery Transmit Threshold Level.

3. Click on the "Program All" button to save the new Low Battery Transmit Threshold Level.

Note:

This procedure is required ONLY for XTS3000 radios that exhibit premature low battery indication.

Radios should be aligned prior to performing battery calibration

Guess I'll be trying this tonight when I get home on the xts.

Return to “Legacy Batboard Motorola ASTRO (VSELP/IMBE/AMBE) Equipment Forum”