xts3000 rss

This forum is dedicated to discussions pertaining specifically to the Motorola ASTRO line of radios (those that use VSELP/IMBE/AMBE), including using digital modulation, digital programming, FlashPort upgrades, etc. If you have general questions please use the General or Programming forums.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Cpd014
1 Warning for RSS/CPS Wanted/For Sale/Links

Post by Cpd014 »

What license requirement is needed to purchase from motorola and do they sell it to individuals or just businesses ect...
Elroy Jetson

Post by Elroy Jetson »

Anybody who signs the licensing agreement and sends it in.

Prices per title may vary. I'd rather not guess because I could be wrong, but when I bought Astro RSS, it cost me 277 bucks.

Get the license kit from Motorola (call 1-800-422-4210), complete it, send it in. Then you are eligible to buy the RSS.

Elroy
Cpd014

Post by Cpd014 »

Cool thats great info, i should have came here first to find that out i been getting the run around trying to get the right info to get that rss.

Thanks!
kb1dvg

Post by kb1dvg »

I have an Astro XTS3000 and needed the CPS for it. And let me tell you, Just because you sign an agreement with Motorola doesn't allow you to get the CPS/RSS. There is a process to go through. I had one heck of a time getting my OK with them for my Astro RVN4184C. I had to sign a 9 page agreement. It takes about 1-2 weeks to get the answer. If not, Then you can't purchase it, It's that simple...IF ANYONE HAS QUESTIONS PLEASE FEEL FREE TO E-MAIL ME AT software_01@snet.net :eek:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: kb1dvg on 2002-03-30 22:27 ]</font>
Cpd014

Post by Cpd014 »

Yeah your probaly right because i know some people that had problems getting it and some that just didnt have a problem its rediculous to give you a hard time if your a legit customer from that for many years like i have. but im gonna give it a shot and see what happens

Return to “Legacy Batboard Motorola ASTRO (VSELP/IMBE/AMBE) Equipment Forum”