DX kvl with des-ofb ???

This forum is dedicated to discussions pertaining specifically to the Motorola ASTRO line of radios (those that use VSELP/IMBE/AMBE), including using digital modulation, digital programming, FlashPort upgrades, etc. If you have general questions please use the General or Programming forums.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

dvpman

Post by dvpman »

If I have a astro saber with a DES-ofb modual and want to keyload it can I use a 3011dx kvl or do I have to use the kvl3000 ???

mike
Elroy Jetson

Post by Elroy Jetson »

D version keyloaders can be used with Astro radios. Of course, a KVL3000 can be used, too...if you have one.

I wasn't successful, though, until after I turned off the CKR key management feature, which your radio may or may not have.

Elroy
HumHead

Post by HumHead »

Hey Elroy (or others)-

DO you know if it is possible to upgrade a BX to a DX with a prom upgrade? I remember seeing a CX prom on eBay a while back from someone who claimed to have upgrade from CX to DX.

If it's doable, how difficult / expensive is it to get one's hands on a DX prom?

Thanks!
BK117

Post by BK117 »

Although you can keyload that module with des or des xl, you can not utilize the OFB side unless you keyload with a KVL3000 with the OFB software in the keyloader. In other words, no astro ofb operation.
Astro Spectra

Post by Astro Spectra »

A CX or DX EPROM will not physically fit in an AX or BX loader.

If you already have a CX loader then the DX EPROM is available from Moto and I think it is about $160.

Apart from the larger EPROM socket the CX/DX have a number of other differences from the earlier designs.
jmr061
was KB9KST

Post by jmr061 »

Regarding upgrades of keyloaders. I have a dvp-xl keyloader I upgraded from a bx model to a dx model with no problems. Don't know about des ones though.

Jason

Return to “Legacy Batboard Motorola ASTRO (VSELP/IMBE/AMBE) Equipment Forum”