Astro Saber Holds only 15 TG's per personality?

This forum is dedicated to discussions pertaining specifically to the Motorola ASTRO line of radios (those that use VSELP/IMBE/AMBE), including using digital modulation, digital programming, FlashPort upgrades, etc. If you have general questions please use the General or Programming forums.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

wavetar
Administrator

Post by wavetar »

Normal...yes. Logical...No. All the MTSX/Astro/VisarPP style RSS does that. 16 switch positions, 15 talkgroups per personality. Sucks because you have to use the 1st talkgroup in your second trunked personality to fill the last switch position in the zone. Then there's only 14 talkgroups left in that personality, so you have to use the first two talkgroups from the third trunked personality to fill the second zone, etc, etc. It just becomes a little confusing when you have multiple 16-position zones to program. I'm so used to it by now, I don't even think about it. Engineering logic, I guess.

Todd
Twisted_Pear
Batboard $upporter

Post by Twisted_Pear »

You ought to have seen this ARCO refinery codeplug I have. They put one talkgroup in one personality, so you have 40 something personalities with one talkgroup (Mod I MTS). The ATG rarely varied.

Who programs these radios?!

Return to “Legacy Batboard Motorola ASTRO (VSELP/IMBE/AMBE) Equipment Forum”