New To Astro? IMBE or other?

This forum is dedicated to discussions pertaining specifically to the Motorola ASTRO line of radios (those that use VSELP/IMBE/AMBE), including using digital modulation, digital programming, FlashPort upgrades, etc. If you have general questions please use the General or Programming forums.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

mikeg

New To Astro? IMBE or other?

Post by mikeg »

Hi, I'm fairly new to the Digital scene. I work at a TV station and we have an xts3000-I It monitors the police in town and I'm very interested in purchasing one my self. It'd really put my self and my station in a better position. Getting to the point.... If and when I purchase one, how can I tell if our local PD is operating with VSELP or IMBE? What costs would be involved with flashing my new radio from VSELP to IMBE?
Thanks,
Mike
wavetar
Administrator

Post by wavetar »

Pop the battery off your radio & there should be a label with a large FLASHport title, and something called a Mfg.Code with a 13 digit number after it. That is your flashcode. Run that through the interactive Flash decoder on BatLabs and you'll see whether or not it has been flashed with IMBE.

Todd
mikeg

Thanks

Post by mikeg »

Thanks for the info....will do :D
Mike
RadioGuyBri

Post by RadioGuyBri »

To my knowledge. if they are monitoring with an xts-3000 it has to be an IMBE system. I beleive xts-3000's do not support VSELP. Go for it and get one, best unit I ever owned. Money well spent.

Brian
mikeg

Thanks

Post by mikeg »

One more question...
Is it worth the extra money to get a model two or three? It'd be nice to have the extra features if our sheriff goes digital. By the way? I don't see too many xts3000-I's on ebay...not too popular?
Thanks,
Mike
wavetar
Administrator

Post by wavetar »

I've only ever seen Model II's here on our system. It's worth it just for the larger display, in my opinion.

Todd

Return to “Legacy Batboard Motorola ASTRO (VSELP/IMBE/AMBE) Equipment Forum”