Who is going - Dayton Hamvention

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

You attending?

Poll ended at Sun May 19, 2002 2:26 pm

Yes
100%

Total votes: 16
alex
Administrator

Who is going - Dayton Hamvention

Post by alex »

Ok, we figured out a while ago a bunch of frequencies to yack on. The Crossband should be up friday/saturady, whenever we get time between shopping :).

I'll repost below the frequencies that we will be using, but I would like to find out since it's under a week or so to go how many people will be there. If you want to post your sellers space, MDC ID for paging, whatever, feel free.

Looking forward to meeting/seeing everyone there. Whenever you get there give a call out, and you never know who will be listening Thursday night from their hotel....

Batboard Dayton Frequency Plan 2002

Name Frequency Service PL

Green 151.880 MURS D143
Blue 151.940 MURS D143
Red 154.470 MURS D143

-----------------------------------------------------
You need a license to use the following

Name Frequency Service PL

xband 146.5750 Analog Ham ___ D143 } Crossband
xband 446.8250 Analog Ham ___ D143 } DPL 143!

Astro 446.9250 Astro Ham IMBE CAI Digital CSQ

alpha 462.6625 GMRS DPL 072
Bravo 462.6875 GMRS DPL 411
Charlie 462.7125 GMRS DPL 143
Delta 462.5500 GMRS DPL 627

Echo 462.7000 GMRS DPL 331

A few notes:

1) Crossband will be setup as soon as we get a chance to assemble it. Don't expect it to be setup at 0700 on Friday. It's just not going to happen.

2) When Crossband isn't up, then monitor those channels, and if you have 2 radios, be kinda and relay if someone is looking for someone else.

3) Please do not talk on channels your not authorized to. Getting your ham license is cake. 6.50 for the test. Go practice on http://www.hamtest.com, and read up on the rules. It's well worth it. See #4 about GMRS.

4) Getting you GMRS license requires such minimal effort that it's almost worth doing anyway. I had my call w/in 8 hours of registering, and it was $75 for 5 years.

5) Keep it legal. For one, this is an open forum that anyone can browse to and get these frequencies. Please make sure you take some time and referesh your memory about your operating practices, and please adhear to them. There is rumored to be people wandering about representing a number of agencies that could easily get you in trouble. Be kind, curteous and thoughtfull of this. Say a few words on one channel your not supposed to isn't worth $10,000 and or a few months/years (whatever the penalty may be). Listen to where some of us are and try and meet up.

6) Have fun. Use your board name in conjunction of your call sign for the respective services that require it so we know who you are.

Post your MDC information if you'd like so I can add you to my call list, and to get a genearl idea of who is going.

This is the final revision of this plan, and it will undergo no changes beyond this point. The "GREEN" murs channel will remain the primary channel on VHF, and we'll make the XBAND/ALPHA channels the primary ones for UHF.

-Alex
Last edited by alex on Tue May 21, 2002 4:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
alex
Administrator

Post by alex »

If you are voting that you can go - at least post here so we know "who" we'll be able to find... :) The voting is nice to get a number, but at the same time it doesn't reveal who will be present.

-Alex
Chris

Post by Chris »

I'll be there
Chris
Ben

Post by Ben »

I will be there!!!!!!! Staying at the Comfort Inn on Miller lane.
Anybody else staying there???

:D
EC-7

Post by EC-7 »

I will be there on Sat/Sun.
motsaber99

Dayton

Post by motsaber99 »

I will be there at the Fairfield Inn on Miller Rd and will be monitoring Ham Astro Lic is KC0JLB. Flea Market spots 112 thru 116. I will have many Motorola radios so if you need anything stop by.
SEE YOU ALL THERE.
Ray D. O'Mann #2

Dayton

Post by Ray D. O'Mann #2 »

I'll be there at 6am on Friday, monitoring "green" & 146.575.
Can't wait!! :o
batdude
Personal aide to Mr. Cook

dayton

Post by batdude »

i'll be there, flying in thursday afternoon and leaving on saturday afternoon.

trying to round up a UHF astro portable to use

d
MT2000 man
What radios do you own?: XTS5000R, Astro Saber III, I

Post by MT2000 man »

Can't make it this year :( :(

However I hope all you guys that are going, have fun!!
By the way, whos bringing the digital cam.?? We just HAVE to have pictures to post on the board ! :) :)
JAYMZ
What radios do you own?: Radar Range

I'm Going!!!

Post by JAYMZ »

I'll be in Dayton on Friday early to mid afternoon I'll be staying at the Econo Lodge South on Edwin Moses Rd. I'll be leaving sometime in the afternoon on Sunday. My MDC ID is: 1208 and I'll being monitering all the VHF channels there talking on the Batlabs Channels with Green as a priority. Also for any Astro capable VHF users I have all 3 Batlabs MURS channels set-up for Astro operation IMBE CAI Digital CSQ. See ya all there

PS I will have my Digital Camera and laptop to take pix with.....I'll submit a CD to Alex of my pix before I leave on Sunday.
JAYMZ

"Mom and dad say I should make my life an example of the principles I believe in. But every time I do, they tell me to stop it."
Calvin
jon

Post by jon »

Jon Anhold N8USK
http://ohioaprs.net/
jwood

Post by jwood »

No 800 Mhz Simplex Freq's?? :cry:
alex
Administrator

Post by alex »

No one had any frequencies to offer, plus, that's now a 3rd radio for someone to carry :-D

Hopefully see ya there.

-Alex
POVoutfitters

I'll be there.....

Post by POVoutfitters »

I (POVoutfitters) will be attending the entire weekend...

I've added all the VHF Batlabs frequencies into my "hamfest" scan list, and will transmit with MDC ID 419....

Hope to get together for a group picture, if possible.

See everyone there, and leave a few deals for me....
Rob
Huntsville, AL USA
RCVMO

Post by RCVMO »

I'll be there along with my beautiful wife. She wouldn't miss the chance to see the antennas sticking out of the hats again. this will be her third year, and I'll also be bringing another "Dayton Virgin" that has never seen the likes of this fiasco. This year will mark my 15th year attending.
I will be on my dept's TA 852.5125 pl 173.8 as well as FRS#2 107.2 pl.
That's about it. Evryone have a safe trip down there.
Jimmy
alex
Administrator

Post by alex »

The XBand maxtrac setup is ready to go and has been tested. It still needs a home.

Let me know if you'll have space for it somewhere there is generator power or something to that extent.

Thanks. Monitor Green/Alpha from your hotel, who knows who will be in the same one...

Cya all there.

-Alex
RadioSouth
Batboard $upporter

Post by RadioSouth »

Anybody bring their laptop to Dayton ? How's it look this year ?
Happy Hunting
N4UMJ

Post by N4UMJ »

Wish I could have made it too......

I heard there were a few Yaesu VX7R submersibles taking a swim in a water tank there.

Be sure to check out the "Live" Dayton Hamvention Audio Webcast:

http://www.kenwood.net/amateur/hamvention/

Ed
N4UMJ
JAYMZ
What radios do you own?: Radar Range

Post by JAYMZ »

To all that couldn't be here,

Having a great time....sun was warm today beer is cold......rain sucked yesterday....and Alex is no longer an Astro virgin.....someone ask him what he got in it........ :lol:

Love always

The on location Batlabs Crew
JAYMZ

"Mom and dad say I should make my life an example of the principles I believe in. But every time I do, they tell me to stop it."
Calvin
MT2000 man
What radios do you own?: XTS5000R, Astro Saber III, I

Post by MT2000 man »

Hey, does anyone have any picts. yet??

If so I'm sure many of us would like to see !

Ok,who bought the laptop/digital cam. ??? :) :) :)

Anyone ???
alex
Administrator

Post by alex »

Well, it was a lot of fun.

It was a nice to meet a number of people from the board, good to put a name to a face. I got myself an Astro Saber III, I'm sure i'll be posting questions shortly... :)

I didn't take any pictures, for the most part it was tough to keep a group of folks together, some were selling, some were wandering around... We had fun tho, can't wait to figure out next year.

Good Fun, and for those who I got the opertunity to meet, It was a pleasure.

-Alex
(finally back home!)

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”