MTX9000 programming question

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

radiotechno1

MTX9000 programming question

Post by radiotechno1 »

Hi all...

I have programmed in the past but this is my first time with a newer type radio envolving trunking. I understand that the MTX9000 is capable of both conventional and trunking modes....I want to use conventional only but there is trunking info written to the radio already. How can I wipe the trunking info so I can make this radio operate only in conventional mode.

I have everything needed to program the radio..I just need some input as to how I go about programming this MTX as a conventional radio.

Anyone that can help it would be greatly appreciated...thanks.. :D
Max-trac
Batboard $upporter

Post by Max-trac »

You can delete all but the last trunking mode.
You can still have all channels as conventioal.
You have to set all modes as conventional.
I have to say it is not intuitive, and you just have to experiment a bit....
akardam

Post by akardam »

Well, it should be the same as my MTX8K, which needs to have at least 1 trunking system, 1 trunking personality, and 1 talkgroup in that personality. However, if you delete all down to that last 1/1/1, and don't reference any talkgroups in the zone/channel list, you should be just fine. It's my understanding that if the radio has no talkgroups listed that it won't do any trunking (i.e. won't try and affiliate in the background or anything silly like that).
wavetar
Administrator

Post by wavetar »

Exactly...you can have a dozen trunked systems in the radio & it won't matter as long as you don't put them into the zone/channel assignment...they'll never be accessible. Now, that said it is nice to clean out as much as you can, for neatness' sake. A single system will have to remain, but that's all.

Todd
No trees were harmed in the posting of this message...however an extraordinarily large number of electrons were horribly inconvenienced.

Welcome to the /\/\achine.
radiotechno1

Post by radiotechno1 »

Awesome!!..I thank you all for the help with my question it is much appreciated... :D

Return to “Radio Programming”