shome hyperbrites...installing ?

Discussions regarding lighting, sirens, and other PS/Emergency response equipment can be had within this forum.

Discussions regarding legalities of lights, usages, and different state laws and regulations regarding warning equipment are not permitted.
See the announcement inside the forum for more details.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

RES715CUE

shome hyperbrites...installing ?

Post by RES715CUE »

hi,

i am trying to hook up 2 shome hyper brites. they each have a red, a brown, a white, and black wire coming from them. one is red/red and the other is red/clear. i can get all 3 red ones to light but just not the 3 clear ones. but the 3 reds on the same light flash. any idea what im doing wrong? thanks guys!
SafetyLighting

Post by SafetyLighting »

Red and White should be positive and Brown and Black are Negative.
John
tvsjr

Post by tvsjr »

RES715CUE

Post by RES715CUE »

thanks for the replys. but i have the red and white going to the yellow and blue on the flasher adn the brown and blacks ground together. i can get 3 of the 4 lights to flash. the 3 red flash fine but the one clear doesnt flash. i have also already gone by able2 instruction to hook up lights. this si the setup i have and follwed the instructions perfectly:
http://www.able2products.com/PDFs/12_50 ... ctions.pdf

either the 3 red flash or just the clear only. thats why im having a problem understanding what im doing wrong but i have done all of this but maybe im missing something maybe someone else has had this problema and can help. thanks
SafetyLighting

Post by SafetyLighting »

You have a total of 4 light sections right? One pair is all red, the other is red/white? You should have two Red wires going to Yellow, and two White wires going to Blue and the Brown and Blacks should all be ground. Make sure you have a good ground on all lights individually. If all lights work, but not on the flasher than you have one of three problems. The flasher is overloaded, the wire that is used for your grounds is too small or does not have a good connection, or the wires for your positive are too small or do not have a good connection. Take the flasher out of the equation, just hook the lights straight to 12 volts for a second to make sure they light, do not leave them hooked up because they will overheat.
John

Return to “Vehicle Warning Equipment Discussion”