Need Help with Win97 Scanner Utility!!

This forum is dedicated to the general computer related issues we all come across on a daily basis, such as e-mail/Internet/Operating System/virus/spyware, etc questions & problems.

As we are primarily a radio discussion group, your mileage may vary on the responses.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

kb0nly
AKA: The Computer Doctor

Need Help with Win97 Scanner Utility!!

Post by kb0nly »

I'm hoping someone else has come across this before, if not i give up!!

I'm working with this Win97 software to program my Pro-2055, worked great. However i went to run it and i got an error message that the temporary key has expired, no surprise i knew the trial was nearly up and i purchased it last week and have the email from them with the key to enter. Problem is when that message comes up i click on enter key and the message box dissapears for a second like its going to pop up something else and then the same message comes up. I have been clicking it over and over and over.

I emailed their support last Friday and haven't heard back yet. You can't uninstall it and reinstall it, since its not an installed application, it just runs from the location you unzip it to after downloading. I searched the registry and it doesnt appear to put anything in there, i checked for starrsoft and win97 but only found entries referencing the file locations for the program and the downloaded zip file.

Anyone know what this program hides on the computer to know its expired on the trial? I'm hoping if i can get it completely wiped off the computer i can then run it again and when it comes up the first time instead of saying yes to the trial i can enter my key and get it registered.
Duct tape is like the force, it has a dark side and a light side and it holds the universe together.

"I Reject Your Reality And Substitute My Own!" - Adam Savage
440roadrunner

Post by 440roadrunner »

Well for starters this doesn't seem to have anything to do with Motorola equipment........

Fer seconds, what you propose undoubtedly violates the EULA, rights, copyrights etc etc etc of the software

I guess "we" don't have to remind you that the entire reason that software HAS a trial period is to get you to buy it if you find out you need or want to continue to use it.

Sorta like trying out a car from a dealer, and then just keeping it fer FREE
Last edited by 440roadrunner on Tue Oct 31, 2006 9:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
alex
Administrator

Post by alex »

440roadrunner wrote:Well for starters this doesn't seem to have anything to do with Motorola equipment........
That's why it's in the Computer/Technical Assistance forum!
kb0nly

Post by kb0nly »

440roadrunner wrote:Well for starters this doesn't seem to have anything to do with Motorola equipment........

Fer seconds, what you propose undoubtedly violates the EULA, rights, copyrights etc etc etc of the software

I guess "we" don't have to remind you that the entire reason that software HAS a trial period is to get you to buy it if you find out you need or want to continue to use it.

Sorta like trying out a car from a dealer, and then just keeping it fer FREE
Yes, thats why its in the COMPUTERS forum.

Secondly, i OWN A COPY OF THIS DAMN SOFTWARE but i can't enter the key because something with the trial is wacky and it won't let me enter the key or reset it somehow.

DUH, thanks for quoting the obvious...
Duct tape is like the force, it has a dark side and a light side and it holds the universe together.

kb0nly

Post by kb0nly »

Wow, a triple post with one click, that was weird!!

Return to “Computer/Technical Assistance”