Can't get PDRC keyboard touchpad working

This forum is dedicated to the general computer related issues we all come across on a daily basis, such as e-mail/Internet/Operating System/virus/spyware, etc questions & problems.

As we are primarily a radio discussion group, your mileage may vary on the responses.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Chato
Batboard $upporter
What radios do you own?: Several

Can't get PDRC keyboard touchpad working

Post by Chato »

I have a new Panasonic PDRC set-up with all cables, drivers, manuals, etc... docked to a Gamber-Johnson port-rep and a CF-18.

The port-rep has only one PS/2 port. (And two serial ports, four USB ports.) When I connect the keyboard to the PS/2 outlet, the keyboard (and backlighting) work fine, but the touch pad and 'mouse buttons' do not.

I have tried different methods to correct this such as splitting the PS/2 cable and plugging the keyboard side into the existing PS/2 outlet of the prot-rep, and using an adaptor to plug the mouse half of the splitter into the extra serial port... That didn’t work.

I have also tried to use the supplied PS/2 to USB connector and use the USB port, but the computer says the USB device is malfunctioning. (I have two PDRC keyboards; I get the same error on either one I try.)

I have tried several combos of the above configurations to no avail.

I have no problems with the display and touch-screen.

Any ideas?

~Chad
Chato
Batboard $upporter
What radios do you own?: Several

Post by Chato »

Never-mind... had to call Panasonic tech-support, but ended up getting it working. ~Chad

Return to “Computer/Technical Assistance”