Whelen hide away strobe installation questions

Discussions regarding lighting, sirens, and other PS/Emergency response equipment can be had within this forum.

Discussions regarding legalities of lights, usages, and different state laws and regulations regarding warning equipment are not permitted.
See the announcement inside the forum for more details.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

djh218

Whelen hide away strobe installation questions

Post by djh218 »

Hi All,
new to forum. Was wondering if on 90 watt PS, can you utilize just four of the sic outlets, not using the other two, and just cap the wire that controls the two you aren't using? Are there any more settings that need to be changed to do this? Also why do some PS say 2+2+2 and some are 4+2 and there are only two control wires, that control 4 outlests and the other one controls just 2. Is that an older PS or what? And if it says 2+2+2 how come there aren't three control wires to control each pair independently? (tlaking about Whelen Strobe PS 90 watt 6 outlets.

Also anyone done an install on a 2006 Ford Explorer? I want to put strobes inb the headlights and the driving or fog lights below. Now I have heard not to mount them from the top, since heat rises obviously. On those lights, can anyone tell me the opportune location? ALso, given the reflector, where is a great place to put them? I put HAW's in my 2000 Dodge RAM Quadcab without problems.

Thanks all, and any help is appreciated. Pictures of installs great too!

Thanks again
Danny Boy
Pimpala03
What radios do you own?: M1225, HT100, P1225, etc

Post by Pimpala03 »

On the switching, it depends on the specifc model.

If it's 2x2x2 switch that means they are controlled by three wires and can have any group of 2 turned on/off at any time.

With 4x2 switching it's two control wires and you control the groups of 4 and 2 seperately.
In God we trust. Everyone else, we run through NCIC, Thinkstream, and III.

Return to “Vehicle Warning Equipment Discussion”