HP 9500 Series CD Burner - Software?

This forum is dedicated to the general computer related issues we all come across on a daily basis, such as e-mail/Internet/Operating System/virus/spyware, etc questions & problems.

As we are primarily a radio discussion group, your mileage may vary on the responses.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

RESCUE161
Batboard $upporter
What radios do you own?: Too many!

Post by RESCUE161 »

I have lost the driver/software disk for my old CD burner. It's on one of my old programming PCs. I have no idea what happened to the disk as I save everything. I've tried the HP website, but they want me to spend $10.00 for a new CD. I registered the software with them 5 or so years ago, so I should be able to just download it from their site.

I even have the stupid label maker crap that came with it. It was pretty crappy software, but I need it to copy some files to my good computer (60 MB worth).

Does anyone know where on HPs website that this can be downloaded? I know you use to be able to download it without ordering a disk.

If not, can someone recommend a free burner program. I am only copying data, i.e. text files and codeplugs, so MP3 & DVD software is not needed.

Thanks.
Scott
KE4FHH
Religion: Kills folks dead!
alex
Administrator

Post by alex »

If your running 2000/xp, you should need no particular driver.

You can download a 30 day trial of Nero Burning Rom (probably the best piece of CD burning software on the planet, and it should see your burner and let you toast CD's like it's going out of style.

-Alex
RESCUE161
Batboard $upporter

Post by RESCUE161 »

Yeah, the burner works great as a CD player, but I cannot burn anything to a CD. I'm using Win 2000 and it's not hooked to the internet at all. I guess I could network it to this PC and download the file directly. I wish I knew what happened to the disk.
Scott
KE4FHH
RESCUE161
Batboard $upporter

Post by RESCUE161 »

Found it...
Couldn't see the forest for the trees. It was on a CD bundled with Music Match, so I didn't recognize it as easily as I would have if it were just a standard yellow/blue HP CD.
Scott
KE4FHH
WB6DGN

Post by WB6DGN »

Nest question. Is HP getting stingy with their downloads? Has anyone else had difficulty downloading software for their older HP products. If so, it's a shame. They used to be one of the best.
RESCUE161
Batboard $upporter

Post by RESCUE161 »

That's what worried me. They were willing to sell me a disk that they knew I had registered when I bought it. Oh well, at least I found my disk. Searching for a disk for an HP product that isn't labeled like a standard HP disk while drunk is not a good idea...lol
Scott
KE4FHH
440roadrunner

Post by 440roadrunner »

They may be. Just yesterday I picked up a little oddity, a small HP scanner called a "hp photo scanner 1000". It's designed for scanning small prints. There is no power connection. It hooks completely up, and powers, through the USB.

There also is no software at HP, just a place to "order the CD."

XP did pick it up, and it works, but I don't know if the original software had options in there that I now don't have.

Another concern of mine is Thinkpads. IBM sold to Lenovo, and it remains to be seen how the excellant support we used to have will be. Also there was a "Greyghost" site that had all the old Thinkpad stuff. It's no longer there.

Return to “Computer/Technical Assistance”