Astro Saber Priority Scan Issue

This forum is dedicated to discussions pertaining specifically to the Motorola ASTRO line of radios (those that use VSELP/IMBE/AMBE), including using digital modulation, digital programming, FlashPort upgrades, etc. If you have general questions please use the General or Programming forums.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Jonathan KC8RYW

Astro Saber Priority Scan Issue

Post by Jonathan KC8RYW »

Has anyone dealt with this before?

*Astro Saber in priority scan, with the priority channel being a conventional IMBE mode and the other modes being conventional analog.

*Astro Saber stops on analog conventional channel with activity. Analog channel activity continues for a few minutes. At some point, priority 'skimming' seems to stop. Analog channel audio begins to sound disorted, sensitivity goes south. Battery is charged.

I thought it was just my radio, but another local IMBE ham user told me he is having the same issue.

I'm using DSP N07.03.06, but I'm not sure about the other ham.
73 DE KC8RYW
Random Motorola Part Number:
SYN1894B - V3m Sprint-branded Battery Cover
Josh
What radios do you own?: APX4K, XTL5K, NX5200, NX700HK

Re: Astro Saber Priority Scan Issue

Post by Josh »

Here's an idea..... don't use priority scan.

Sheesh, you only have 2 channels in that radio anyhow, I wouldn't listen to one of them (146.76) EVER.

-Josh
Jonathan KC8RYW

Re: Astro Saber Priority Scan Issue

Post by Jonathan KC8RYW »

Josh wrote:Here's an idea..... don't use priority scan.

Sheesh, you only have 2 channels in that radio anyhow, I wouldn't listen to one of them (146.76) EVER.

-Josh
Not when I go to Dayton. :wink:
73 DE KC8RYW
Random Motorola Part Number:
SYN1894B - V3m Sprint-branded Battery Cover
Pj
What radios do you own?: X9000 thru APX

Post by Pj »

I think it can be a combination of programming and firmware. I have an Astro Spectra that does the same thing, and a like Astro Spectra with similar host and doesn't do it (same codeplug info in both).

I also had an older model 1 astro saber that did the same.

When I get back home, I'll see what I can find.
Lowband radio. The original and non-complicated wide area interoperable communications system

Return to “Legacy Batboard Motorola ASTRO (VSELP/IMBE/AMBE) Equipment Forum”