XTS 3000 ASIII Won't turn off

This forum is dedicated to discussions pertaining specifically to the Motorola ASTRO line of radios (those that use VSELP/IMBE/AMBE), including using digital modulation, digital programming, FlashPort upgrades, etc. If you have general questions please use the General or Programming forums.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

tj173

XTS 3000 ASIII Won't turn off

Post by tj173 »

Just when I got my trunking to work great this happens. All of the sudden I can't turn my radio off. When I turn knob all the way off the channel ID turns off but my softkeys and the scan icon stay on the display. Then when I try turning the radio back on it won't. The display stayd the same and the radio won't go into it's power up sequence. The only way I can get the radio to power back up is to turn it off, remove the battery for a moment, then turn it back on.
tj173

Post by tj173 »

I checked, it is already disabled. Any other suggestions?
Thanks,
T.J.
XDCLabs.COM

Post by XDCLabs.COM »

What version firmware do you have?
tj173

Post by tj173 »

Bad codeplug. I backtracked to a good one. Works fine now.
Thanks Shaun!
Josh
What radios do you own?: APX4K, XTL5K, NX5200, NX700HK

Re: XTS 3000 ASIII Won't turn off

Post by Josh »

tj173 wrote:Just when I got my trunking to work great this happens. All of the sudden I can't turn my radio off. When I turn knob all the way off the channel ID turns off but my softkeys and the scan icon stay on the display. Then when I try turning the radio back on it won't. The display stayd the same and the radio won't go into it's power up sequence. The only way I can get the radio to power back up is to turn it off, remove the battery for a moment, then turn it back on.

I have something similar to this going on with my MTX8000. Sometimes (but not always- usually just when receiving a signal)when I turn the radio off it stays on- audio comes in quieter, buttons stay lit, scan icon (if applicable) stay lit, too. But, after a couple of seconds it shuts off.

-Josh
Twisted_Pear
Batboard $upporter

Post by Twisted_Pear »

I've left TX Inhibit enabled on powering down while the radio was on a SmartZone system and it did power down. It pauses a bit longer but did shut off.

Return to “Legacy Batboard Motorola ASTRO (VSELP/IMBE/AMBE) Equipment Forum”