ML900 keyboard backlight

This forum is dedicated to the general computer related issues we all come across on a daily basis, such as e-mail/Internet/Operating System/virus/spyware, etc questions & problems.

As we are primarily a radio discussion group, your mileage may vary on the responses.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

jackhackett

ML900 keyboard backlight

Post by jackhackett »

Anyone know if there's a way to disable the keyboard backlight on an ML900 laptop? I've got one that won't light, I thought there was a key combination that turned it on and off but I can't recall.... thanx.
jmr061
was KB9KST

Post by jmr061 »

If its like the MW800 its the function key and the up and down arrows I believe.

Jason
Jason

ml900

Post by Jason »

Func & F2 should do the trick.

Theres also some settings in the motocntrl.exe to program the photocell on the laptop (, I found it was a pain at first to setup, as the documentation is a little light on that.)

Once configured it works fine.
jackhackett

Post by jackhackett »

Thanks, I thought it was F2 with either Func, Alt or Ctrl, tried them all already with no luck (and yes, I covered the photosensor). Must just be bad. I'll look at that motocntrl thing too, haven't messed with that before.
jackhackett

Post by jackhackett »

Feh.

I've been told Func + F2 by at least 3 different sources, turns out it's Func + F1, at least on the ones I'm dealing with.
tea_rfh
New User

Re: ML900 keyboard backlight

Post by tea_rfh »

There is a setting in the BIOS for the backlight also--hit F2 when machine is booting.

Return to “Computer/Technical Assistance”