PDRC Screen Shuts off on Power-up

This forum is dedicated to the general computer related issues we all come across on a daily basis, such as e-mail/Internet/Operating System/virus/spyware, etc questions & problems.

As we are primarily a radio discussion group, your mileage may vary on the responses.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

DaBigBR

PDRC Screen Shuts off on Power-up

Post by DaBigBR »

Stupid question.

I have a Panasonic PDRC 12.1 in my work car and the damned screen shuts off 99% of the time when the car starts up. I have tried running a meter on the battery and on the power cable itself and get a variety of readings on startup, nothing consistent enough to say that voltage is dropping significantly, in fact it appears to spike at the end of the cable. Since the power supply for the display was hooked to the "accessory" cigarette style plug, we tried moving it closer to the battery (connecting it directly to the battery, even), and although we initially had the screen shut off fewer times, it eventually came back. In any event, this is getting to be extremely irritating.

Anybody have any ideas?
DaBigBR

Re: PDRC Screen Shuts off on Power-up

Post by DaBigBR »

Still searching...it seems like a small, 12v UPS will do it. Anybody know where I can find one? Lind makes one that attaches to a lead acid gel battery, but a fully integrated unit would be way easier.
spareparts
Batboard $upporter

Re: PDRC Screen Shuts off on Power-up

Post by spareparts »

Newmar NS-12-20 Nav Start Guard DC Power

Manual is at: http://www.newmartelecom.com/pdf/Manual-NS-12-20.pdf

Return to “Computer/Technical Assistance”