Can't read codeplugs

This forum is dedicated to the general computer related issues we all come across on a daily basis, such as e-mail/Internet/Operating System/virus/spyware, etc questions & problems.

As we are primarily a radio discussion group, your mileage may vary on the responses.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

jban
What radios do you own?: AS mob, ASIII, XTS/XTL

Can't read codeplugs

Post by jban »

I have a Dell D505 running XP pro. I use this laptop to program our radios. Recently, I can not read a codeplug from any XTL or XTS. I can write to a radio using an existing codeplug or one imported from another computer. I have no problems reading our CDM stuff.

I have the USB cable for the XTS 2500 and the serial for the XTL1500.

Any suggestions
John B
Bruce1807

Re: Can't read codeplugs

Post by Bruce1807 »

have you upgraded any software recently, installed a new version of net framework.
Put the install disks back in and do a repair on both programs. I have found stuff that screws up both programs.

Of course the other question is do you have USB selected in the options for the XTS and com 1 for the XTL?
Have to ask but easy mistake.
jban
What radios do you own?: AS mob, ASIII, XTS/XTL

Post by jban »

Thanks, I will get that checked
John B
Hightower

Post by Hightower »

jban wrote:I have a Dell D505 running XP pro. I use this laptop to program our radios. Recently, I can not read a codeplug from any XTL or XTS. I can write to a radio using an existing codeplug or one imported from another computer. I have no problems reading our CDM stuff.

I have the USB cable for the XTS 2500 and the serial for the XTL1500.

Any suggestions
When you try reading a radio, what error does it come up with? Or does the CPS just hang/lock-up?
Bruce1807

Post by Bruce1807 »

the other thing is of course both mobile and portable need to be the same version.

Return to “Computer/Technical Assistance”