1999 Ford Ranger with a A9 Spectra

This forum is dedicated to helping people with questions about installing radio equipment in vehicles. This can include antenna installs, electrical wiring questions/problems, and mounting systems. Pictures of installs are welcome.

Note: Discussions regarding lighting, sirens, and other equipment now has its own forum in the 'off-topic' section below.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Matt
What radios do you own?: XTS5000, XTL5000

1999 Ford Ranger with a A9 Spectra

Post by Matt »

The problem is, I need to find room to put it all. I have a 99 Ford Ranger Regular cab. There is limited room in back of the seats, but I want to put it there. Anybody ever done it?
Last edited by Matt on Sun Nov 10, 2002 6:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Matt
apco25
What radios do you own?: APX / Astro 25 / Harris

Post by apco25 »

EIther under the seats or on the back cab wall. Mounted an A9 110w model on the passenger side rear floor pan of the extended cab ranger. Fit perfectly, but you don't have that version of the truck. rear cab wall is probably your best bet.
astroman
NOT ALLOWED TO BUY/SELL/TRADE

99 ranger mounting

Post by astroman »

I have in my 99 Ranger regular cab 1 Astro Spectra 800 W7 remote mount , 1 Astro Spectra 110 watt W9 with Astro Siren , 1 Whellen
8 outlet power supply . All Mounted behind seats and I use a Consolidator between the seats to hold the controll head . I have the relay box for my
motorola deck box that controls the lights mounted under the passenger seat. It all fits very nicly in the truck. There is not Enough room under the
seats to mount a radio NOT even in a extended cab the radio will stick out
and the passengers riding in the rear seats will step on the units. If I get a chance I will send photo,s of how I MOUNTED EVERY THING IN MY TRUCK
i HAVE ALSO DONE 2 OTHER RANGERS WITH THE 60/40SPLIT BINCH SEATS I HAVE A MOUNT THAT I USE THAT MOUNT TO THE PASENGER SIDE OF THE HUMP TO HOLD ALL CONTROLL HEADS . I WILL TRY TO GET PHOTOS TO YOU SOON AS I CAN GET THEM TAKEN

Return to “Vehicle Radio Installs”