Whos running Win XP and did not get the Sept. MS downloads?

This forum is dedicated to the general computer related issues we all come across on a daily basis, such as e-mail/Internet/Operating System/virus/spyware, etc questions & problems.

As we are primarily a radio discussion group, your mileage may vary on the responses.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Jim2121
Batboard $upporter
What radios do you own?: A few! Most I sign out!

Whos running Win XP and did not get the Sept. MS downloads?

Post by Jim2121 »

http://www.support.microsoft.com/?kbid=943144 Nice site, theres about 20 of us or so that did not get the Sept. MS updates/downloads, thanks to the August downloads. I had no Luck with the above page? Now I'm working with a MS tech via email... This sounds like MS major plan to do the total switch to Vista....Others say it was a MS screw-up from August. Jim
Bat2way

The DLL fix works

Post by Bat2way »

Recently updated a computer from XP Home Edition to XP Pro, and the updates previously downloaded and installed were gone. The computer then downloads the needed (+-79 of them???) updates but can't install them, constantly alerting you that updates are ready to install, but returns a message saying the install failed.

But, the resolution posted to register the DLL file worked fine, all updates were installed, and all is well in Windowsland.
Jim2121
Batboard $upporter
What radios do you own?: A few! Most I sign out!

Re: Whos running Win XP and did not get the Sept. MS downloads?

Post by Jim2121 »

believe it or not my problem was fixed with "Dial a Fix" http://wiki.djlizard.net/Dial-a-fix
Got it from the Dell forum... so my October downloads came down the pipe ok...with an ok install... seems like I had unregistered DLLs .....JR

Return to “Computer/Technical Assistance”