XTS3000 Problem

This forum is dedicated to discussions pertaining specifically to the Motorola ASTRO line of radios (those that use VSELP/IMBE/AMBE), including using digital modulation, digital programming, FlashPort upgrades, etc. If you have general questions please use the General or Programming forums.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Josh
What radios do you own?: APX4K, XTL5K, NX5200, NX700HK

XTS3000 Problem

Post by Josh »

My 'new' XTS3000 is flashed 1000040000004

Digital (IMBE) and Smartnet. I am having good luck with the Simulcast 'Smartzone' TRS that I bought it for, so this really isn't that big of a problem for me.

At any rate, I want to listen to the Michigan State Police. They have a Smartzone Omni-link system utilizing the 9.6k control channel. I set my radio up for 'WACC' to get all of the major are control channels into the radio to discover that once everything was set up and programmed, I get 'out of range' when I can put my scanner on one of the programmed control channels and hear the 9.6k control.

Why is this? Does my radio need to be flash upgraded to support the 9.6k control channel or what?

Most of my monitoring requires just the 3.6k control channel, so there is no big loss here- I just can't hear MSP.

-Josh

Return to “Legacy Batboard Motorola ASTRO (VSELP/IMBE/AMBE) Equipment Forum”