XTS3000 Fail 01/82

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

W3MOT
Banned for the Greater Good
What radios do you own?: Just a console for nuke'n.

XTS3000 Fail 01/82

Post by W3MOT »

Had this display on the screen after attempting to write the radio. I tried writing the radio again with no luck. Any tips?

Thanks!
Intellegence/\/\Somewhere
"One radio at a time..."
d119

Re: XTS3000 Fail 01/82

Post by d119 »

Keep trying to write to it... Just keep trying and keep trying and keep trying. If that doesn't work, well, there are other methods.
Einstein

Post by Einstein »

Also breaking the link between the computer and the radio between each attempt sometimes helps also.
W3MOT
Banned for the Greater Good
What radios do you own?: Just a console for nuke'n.

Post by W3MOT »

After trying a few times, now I'm getting a Radio INHIBITED message, what the fu%k?!
Intellegence/\/\Somewhere
"One radio at a time..."
newtomotorola

Post by newtomotorola »

have you tried using mtsx-lab to blow in an s-rec
Hightower

Post by Hightower »

newtomotorola wrote:have you tried using mtsx-lab to blow in an s-rec
Unless you have recorded the tuning values (or have access to a service monitor), blowing in a new srec migh fix the problem, but the radio would be horibly out of tune :o

To avoid problems like this, everyone should write down their tuning values on paper for backup incase something like this happens. Could save your ass one day... been there done that.

Good luck
Jim2121
Batboard $upporter
What radios do you own?: A few! Most I sign out!

Post by Jim2121 »

Hightower wrote:
Unless you have recorded the tuning values (or have access to a service monitor), blowing in a new srec migh fix the problem, but the radio would be horibly out of tune :o

To avoid problems like this, everyone should write down their tuning values on paper for backup incase something like this happens. Could save your ass one day... been there done that.

Good luck
I agree with Hightower, I learned that for my radios from Monty in 2001...even if the service area does not have a Print F5 "Print Screen" will work. Put the tuning values right back!
Messages can't be intercepted if they aren't sent, can they?
Erwin Rommel
newtomotorola

Post by newtomotorola »

Hightower wrote:

Good luck

Fair enough, but getting your radio tuned will be much cheaper then big M having to blow in a new cp which is probably what they will do anyway and tune your radio... in my opionion blow in a cp or s-rec (whatever you want to call them) and if you dont have the original tuning data go to a radio shop and get them to tune your radio for you... that will save your pocket anyway.

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”