XTS 2500 Model II Programming

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

fire2967

XTS 2500 Model II Programming

Post by fire2967 »

We have quite a few XTS 2500 radios that we would like to change two of the side button functions. With ASTRO CPS and a cable would we be able to make these changes without having the system key? We don't want to change any frequencies or talkgroups or anything else involving the radio, only the button assignments. Our dealer wants to charge $100 per radio to make any changes at all, and won't give up the system key. I have been programming our conventional radios for twenty years, so I know a thing or two about programming. I've just never tried to do any new trunking radios. Thanks in advance for your help.
Einstein

Re: XTS 2500 Model II Programming

Post by Einstein »

You would only need the system key to make changes to the trunking fields, you should have no problem changing the fields that are of interest to you with the CPS and the programming cable.

Return to “Radio Programming”